Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI with bank statement

tag
SDMarik
Established Contributor

Amex CLI with bank statement

Figured I would hit up Amex for a CLI, got instantly approved for a partial CLI and it was reflected in my account. 2 minutes later I got an email asking for bank statements so they can review my request.

Does this mean they approved me for what is reflected in my account, and they want bank statements to approved me for the rest? Or will they claw back the cli if I don't give the statemetns up. I have no problem providing statements, but just curious as to what they look for, I don't keep a ton of cash in my checking account but it has decent cash flow as I use it to get paid and transfer cash over for paying bills. Probably around $70k in an out for Jan-Mar.

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex CLI with bank statement

What did you get or ask for?

Message 2 of 8
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

DW asked for $40k and was approved for $35k.

They wanted IRS documents for $40k.

We did not do anything and her limit went to $35k and stayed there.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 8
DONZI
Established Contributor

@SDMarik wrote:

Figured I would hit up Amex for a CLI, got instantly approved for a partial CLI and it was reflected in my account. 2 minutes later I got an email asking for bank statements so they can review my request.

Does this mean they approved me for what is reflected in my account, and they want bank statements to approved me for the rest? Or will they claw back the cli if I don't give the statemetns up. I have no problem providing statements, but just curious as to what they look for, I don't keep a ton of cash in my checking account but it has decent cash flow as I use it to get paid and transfer cash over for paying bills. Probably around $70k in an out for Jan-Mar.

I'd interpret it as being totally optional to respond, and their request being only for further consideration for the remaining CL you requested.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 4 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@DONZI wrote:

@SDMarik wrote:

I'd interpret it as being totally optional to respond, and their request being only for further consideration for the remaining CL you requested.

This.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 8
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

Back when I first got my BCP, it came with 15k.  At the 91 day mark, I asked for the 3x CLI, and they gave me 35k, and told me if I wanted the rest to submit copies of my bank statements.  I did that, and a week later, they boosted my CL to 45k

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - $80k | Citi AA Executive - $31k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k
Message 6 of 8
DONZI
Established Contributor

@MarkintheHV  did you have multiple banks, submit 1 or more?

I wonder if their annual query of my Schwab accounts (Invest with Rewards) is considered. Not really sure how much info Amex is able to view from that or if they're just sent an aggregate total by Schwab each year.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 7 of 8
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

I do have multiple banks and I submitted checking and savings for both.  I tried to use the online login, but, it would only accept my first bank, so I opted to send in bank statements

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - $80k | Citi AA Executive - $31k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.