Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex blacklist but prequalified

tag
drboxing
Established Contributor

Re: Amex blacklist but prequalified

I just kept applying ever year. The last time they declined me wasn't due to prior cardmember. 2 mo the later I applied for the AMEX Delta and was approved

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned them in 2011 for a significant amount. Hopefully, by 2021 they will be willing to remove me from their blacklist.

Message 12 of 15
drboxing
Established Contributor

Since getting the AMEX Delta Gold, was also approved for AMEX SPG & Delta Platinum and AMEX Business Platinum. Black listing doesn’t last forever though it seems like it.

Message 13 of 15
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

Tested the blacklist waters earlier this evening. Still on the blacklist. I burned Amex for several thousand $$$ in 2009. Will test the waters again in June of 2019 when my BK falls off. I can’t believe I am 1.5 years away! I still remember my 341 meeting like it was yesterday. The trustee had to ask me to speak up because I was so nervous. 

Ah well. Barclays loves me, NFCU loves me, Citi loves me (finally), and Chase let me back in in 2014. 

Message 14 of 15
drboxing
Established Contributor

It took me about 10 years and a few months, to get off the AMEX blacklist. Approved for my 1st card in July, 2017.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.