Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex cli

I got my amex pcb on Feb 14, with cl of 5k. I pushed the cli button today (65 days) and got a 7-10 day message.

My balance pretty much around the 2k amount which I pay off every month.

Should I call the EO, I'm fairly new to credit because new to the usa. However always pay my. Credit cards off on time.

I requested $9.5k not even sure why that number but thought it might work
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex cli

I received the 7-10 day message for 2 of my Amex CLI requests in the past. I received both CLIs 2 hours after each request. No rush to call IMO.

Message 2 of 10
trant3
Established Contributor

Its a bit soon to request a CLI, you have to wait 180 days (I think). Also, please dont call Amex EO for things like CLI's, they're there to address more concerning issues. 

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ thank you. as are ALL EOs. lol. 7-10 is usually a denial. i get them a lot lol

and the 180 day rule is only if you were approved for a CLI. it's 61 from approval date, 91 if you're denied the CLI and 181 if you're approved 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know... I am going to mark my calendar!! I was approved for the Amex Hilton on 4.3.2016....

Message 5 of 10
_NERD
Established Contributor

2011XTERROR for PRESIDENT!!!

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I havent got a response yet Smiley Sad
I called them twice, the first time they said we can't see your application, but then I called again and the lady gave me a number to call, I called them and she said the executive team will review and it will take" 24 to 48 hours to get a increase" has anyone seen this before? Is this normal?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never seen it but tomorrow will be 48 hours so you should know by then, right?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, still no response.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.