Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex input requested

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex input requested

I was approved for the BCE on 1/14/18 with SL $1000.  I received the $200 with $1000 spend SUB.  My EX score at the time was 673 and is currently 681.

I'm considering apping the EDC.  Based on when my BCE was opened, will they SP my score from the last approval, or a SP/HP my current score?  For the Fico score they provide, it shows 669 as of 1/31/18.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex input requested

I have had Amex do a HP when I have opened cards with them, but more recently they did a SP for me (about a year ago). It seems now they generally do a SP if a denial and if you're pre-approved it should also be a SP. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did a softpull for me within a month, so you should be good.

Off topic;

The $200 credit they gave you after a $1000 spend. That instantly got credited on your account or you have to wait for a statement? (I haven’t got to my spend yet, but since it has to be within 90 days i’m sure i’ll get it.)
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BCE was opened 1/14, so have not hit the 3 months yet.  I am hoping they pull my current score and rather than a previous one for a new card.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you do it while logged in the app/website. Instead of a standard application. The softpull for me went through that route and they basically give an immediate decision by e-mail.
Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

When i hit my spend, my sub was credited pretty fast. Im happy with the speed of which Amex credits my account Smiley Happy. Good luck on your next Amex card OPSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I'm logged in, I won't see the increased SUB offers.  Incognito shows 15k SUB vs. 10k for the EDC when logged in.  Is it guaranteed HP if I am not logged in?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

In September when I apped for the BCP, Amex was showing an offer of $200 SUB when I was logged in while CK's BCP was $150 with first year AF waived, I ended up apping through CK, SP only.
Message 8 of 10
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I've done incognito offers without logging into my account and got approved with no HP.

Message 9 of 10
Snipper117
Contributor

I've had one amex card originally green now platinum(6/17) since 2014.  December applied for delta gold after receiving 75k targeted offer and denied.  I reconed it also for manual review also denied.  No HP.

Two days ago decided to go at it again since all 17 cards on my card offer page were showing pre-approval.  All revolvers showed a APR range.  Went for BCP instant approval 2k limit 22.24 apr and so far no HP.  Just for fun tried 4k for purchase and it was approved.  Hope that helps.

10/07/2020 BK7 Discharged Papers Received
10/07/2020 FICO 8 SCORES EXP 586 EQU 610 TU 557
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.