Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex platinum Do i quality?? UPDATE - pending/4506-C

tag
Itachi175
Established Member

Re: Amex Platinum application status - pending/4506-C

Lol but i get your point @DONZI ....well is there anyone else who is experienced with amex or any card issuer where they didnt auto decline you but requrest to verfiy income and it was correct. Did you get approved?? Or decline still? If so ... what was the reason of Decline after they already check your income?

P.S thank you all so much for your inputs!! This mean alot to me and i thank you all so so so much!! Happy new years!

Message 11 of 22
bigseegar
Established Contributor

I got my first AmEx card in 1984, Green card. Had my first Gold in 1992 and Platinum in 1994 back when you couldn't apply for it as it was an invitation only card like the Centurion/Black Card is today. While AmEx will do a FR in a minute if they suspect your stated income may be falsified or more than the CRA's show. I've never seen AmEx require a FR just to apply for a card. Ever. The Platinum is their flagship premium card that can be applied for and carries a very high $695 AF so they have a higher standard for issuing this card. With you having been denied the Gold and then an immediate request for 4506-C IRS docs to verify income and FR at only the application phase. Along with your listed exsisting credit looks a tad weak and a 38% DTI unless that includes a mortgage payment is high. I'd say it doesn't look good. BUT you never know with AmEx and no one on here can say for sure what the result will be as AmEx as their on secrets and the most certainly look at way more than just credit score. Good luck though.

Message 12 of 22
Itachi175
Established Member

Thanks alot @bigseegar for your reply. And yes that with my mortgage cause i dont have any. I paid my house in full 210k in cash so i only have a car note and cellphone bills etc. 38% dti. I understand whay you mean tho. I just hope they approve me cause i was honestly thinking they would insta decline me but they didn't. So when i saw they want to verfiy my income i though maybe i have a chance. Why else would they go this far to verfiy my income?? If you going to decline me then just do it ...???? PP.s.in my opinion 50k should be more then enough for this credit card requirement but who knows..... :/

Message 13 of 22
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Itachi175 wrote:

Thanks alot @bigseegar for your reply. And yes that with my mortgage cause i dont have any. I paid my house in full 210k in cash so i only have a car note and cellphone bills etc. 38% dti. I understand whay you mean tho. I just hope they approve me cause i was honestly thinking they would insta decline me but they didn't. So when i saw they want to verfiy my income i though maybe i have a chance. Why else would they go this far to verfiy my income?? If you going to decline me then just do it ...???? PP.s.in my opinion 50k should be more then enough for this credit card requirement but who knows..... :/

Gotcha and 38% DTI without a mortgage is very high and they may not like that. I don't have a mortgage either and my DTI is only 8%. I'd also hardly say that a salary of only 50K a year is as you said  "in my opinion 50k should be more then enough for this credit card requirement". Tons and tons of Platinum holders have high six figure incomes as I do and they charge that much and a lot more alone on their card in a year. Not now but in my hey day with them I was putting about $10K a month on mine and of course PIF every month. Remember even though they've made it an application card where as it use to be by invite only it is still AmEx's flagship premium card (as only 20,000 people in the US have the top Black card). But they have relaxed the standards and if all your reported numbers add up in their FR and your credit your solid who knows. It is a great card for travel if you travel a lot to off set the $695 AF and the lounge access is awesome in that event. For those only flying once or twice a year though believe it of not the Green Card is actually better. Something to consider if you don't get the Platinum. Again, though good luck and let us know.

Message 14 of 22
Itachi175
Established Member

@bigseegar thanks alot and yea i get what you mean! Btw now you have me scratching my head haha why my dti 38%.... i have bmw 5 M model 2019. 44k car but i only owe about 29k left and i have 3k students loans left.... cellphone bill and utilities but how come my dti is so high??? :/

Message 15 of 22
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Itachi175 wrote:

@bigseegar thanks alot and yea i get what you mean! Btw now you have me scratching my head haha why my dti 38%.... i have bmw 5 M model 2019. 44k car but i only owe about 29k left and i have 3k students loans left.... cellphone bill and utilities but how come my dti is so high??? :/

@Itachi175 What ever happened on this? Approved? Denied?

Message 16 of 22
Itachi175
Established Member

@bigseegar  i literally will call them today and ask about update. Wish me luck all Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 22
Itachi175
Established Member

Update: Everyone so i call amex and the repensitive was very nice and she told me IRS just accepted thier request and should be giving them the official transcript by today or tomorrow no later and my decision will be under 24 hour review so at the latest i should have an answer by thurday 7am - 5pm CT. 😶‍🌫️

P.S. but i do have a bonus!!😏 So i question the rep after finding out she was a new employee and was able to get a very help inside anwser. Not to go into long details i basically ask her what the point of amex declining a customer if application is accurate and the auto system suppose to check credit score and all major factors into it automatically. She explain to me some processes does take a manual look at and every application can be case by case. But during our conversation at some point she said.... "Mr i wouldnt worry to much on this for what i can only see and tell you is your application is not the problem. We couldnt verify your income." Then i said what about students loans? Etc... etc... etc... then she said "well i cant tell you much about that but pulling from my data source and your application that doesnt seem to be an issue. Just your income need to be verified." Lastly she said amex platinum has no annual income requirement just your income has to justify the annual cost + your overall spending ( DTI % basically...). So yea i am super happy and hope what she said is true!!!  I feel very confident about getting this card now

Message 18 of 22
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Good luck!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 19 of 22
Itachi175
Established Member

Screenshot_20220113-104212_Yahoo Mail.jpg

I WAS APPROVED OMG 1 OF MY LIFE LONG DREAM IS ACCOMPLISHED 😭😭😭😭

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.