Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex requesting Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex requesting Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return

Hi guys,

Applied for Amex Blue Cash Everyday card and they asking for form 4560-T. I haven't filed taxes for last 3 years since I was traveling. Should I still send the form or should I cancel the application and apply after 90 days. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex requesting Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return

If they're asking for it now they'll be asking for it if you reapply in 90 days.

AMEX normally does not take AA against existing accounts if you do not give approval to a 4506-T request but they also normally do not forget the request.  Without your approval you are extremely unlikely to get CLIs or new tradelines with them now or moving forward.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

You can't give them something you don't have.  But like it was mentioned above, 90 days from now isn't going to change the fact that they want the requested info.  I wish I had some better news for you OP but that's just how it seems to work with them. 

Message 3 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

If they're asking for it now they'll be asking for it if you reapply in 90 days.

AMEX normally does not take AA against existing accounts if you do not give approval to a 4506-T request but they also normally do not forget the request.  Without your approval you are extremely unlikely to get CLIs or new tradelines with them now or moving forward.

+100

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys,

Applied for Amex Blue Cash Everyday card and they asking for form 4560-T. I haven't filed taxes for last 3 years since I was traveling. Should I still send the form or should I cancel the application and apply after 90 days. 

Once the form is not provided, I think the application is automatically canceled.

I wonder why they asked for it. How many AmX cards do you have? Are they high limits? 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont have any AMEX cards 

Message 6 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Did you apply while overseas?
Message 7 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

So you havent had income in three years?  Retired?  Rental income, anything?  They need to know you have the ability to repay and other systems they have access to probably queued them off of the amount of income you put in didn't match what they might have reasonable access to and that is probaby why they are asing for POI/4506-t

Message 8 of 13
McNugget
Regular Contributor

You might try countering with 2 months bank statements and pay stubs.
| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 9 of 13
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

Call them and explain that, I think they'll accept a bank statement that shows income and/or savings.
Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.