M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Congrats!

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! Another thing AMEX likes to do is give you a high SL on the next card you app for. So that might be a possibility instead of a CLI. But I suspect that you won’t be preapproved for core revolvers like BCP or Everyday until you get your scores above 700. If you get a new revolver card with them that has a higher SL, you can move around limits to your other cards while you wait to become eligible for a CLI again OR keep the limit on the new higher SL card and then try for the 3X CLI on the new card at 61 days.
Message 12 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@nuohlac wrote:

Congratulations on your approval!!!

@nuohlac I believe that the OP was presented with an offer but they haven't pulled the trigger. 

Message 13 of 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

Congratulations on your approval!!!

@nuohlac I believe that the OP was presented with an offer but they haven't pulled the trigger. 

Thanks Fin, I thought they pulled the trigger on the Plat.

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I have not accepted, I really have no use for the platinum, also I can’t see paying the $550 af, I don’t travel a whole lot, maybe twice a year, I do use uber a lot but not enough to get the platinum, the lounges are no good for me since I don’t travel, yes I’d love to have the platinum but I can wait and get a better card in the future with out paying $550 to be Amex “ flashy “ lol
Message 15 of 26
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Is the Gold approved as well?  

Also, in recent experience for my DW, it seems that they have used their latest SP for a decision so your current UTI may not be factored in yet.  

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not tried gold, I’ll take a look and come back with a reply.......UPDATE: I am pre approved for platinum, gold and cash magnet
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice, congrats on the preapprovals for those 3

are you going to pull the trigger?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have not tried gold, I’ll take a look and come back with a reply.......UPDATE: I am pre approved for platinum, gold and cash magnet

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I’m gonna stay in the garden and keep on watering and fertilizing til 2021
Message 19 of 26
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I just went on Amex website and requested a 3 x cli on my Amex blue and was denied but then platinum is there and I click on it and it says pre approved, just weird I can’t get a 3 x on my other card but pre approved for the platinum, seems that’s a harder card to get, by the way I’ve yet to get a cli on any of my two cards with Amex and I’m rolling on being with them for 7 mos now and have kept my cards at 0 balance or 1% with pay in full, I have ran $2000 through each card monthly but kept my balance low when it reports, will wait and see what the letter says for denial, scores are 664 Equifax, 680 transunion and 684 Experian, uti is at 6% right now, no other baddies, or lates, I do have a short and thin file, my oldest account is right at 4 years, so just probably need to build a solid relationship with Amex

Charge cards, Platinum included, are generally a little easier to get than the core revolvers.

Lots of perks, but Amex gets a big AF up front and generally gets the card paid in full. Amex can loosen and tighten spending power as it wants and can demand early payment if you want to spend more.

What's keeping your scores down...lots of new accounts?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 20 of 26
† Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.