Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any hope in applying for AMEX with BK on record

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Any hope in applying for AMEX with BK on record

So my latest FICO score is 710-Exp and I have no collections on my report. No late payments for past 3 yrs. I do have a D/C BK Chapt 7 from 2012.  Prev had an AX Gold Rewards and Platinum Card charge card. Perfect payment hx on both. Neither included in the Chapt 7. AX closed both of those accts as soon as I filed for BK. Any hope in getting back in with them. I would really like to get the Delta card before the 60k promotion exp.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Any hope in applying for AMEX with BK on record

There's always hope and I've seen some approval 

However to be honest they're rare until its aged well or gone from CR's 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
cem13
Established Contributor

I was denied with a BK7 showing from JUN2011.  The only reason for denial was the BK7.

The general theory is 5 years post BK7 is needed before approval.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 3 of 6
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Well that seems to be true for CHASE, CITI and Bof A as well. I guess I will be in the garden for the next 2 yrs as I have already gotten everything I need or want from BC and CO. 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@cem13 wrote:

I was denied with a BK7 showing from JUN2011.  The only reason for denial was the BK7.

OP, this seems to be the general timeframe with AMEX (could be longer but depends on a variety of factors).  On the upside, since you did not IIB, then your chances will fare better with re-establishing the relationship in the future.

Message 5 of 6
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@cem13 wrote:

+1

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.