Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Summary

tag
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

App Spree Summary

DH and I closed on our mortgage yesterday (9.16.2020). Obviously, it's not reported yet. So, we decided to go on an app spree before gardening for... ever? 

Yesterday, I apped for: 

• US Bank Cash+ Visa. I apped from within my bank account (I've banked with them for more than 12 years). They pulled TU. I don't yet know what specific score they pulled (I will update if I learn), but have no reason to doubt that it was TU FICO9. Mine was 772; I was denied. A very kind rep explained that it was likely b/c of my lates (90+) from 2018 that are just under 24 months ago. I'm 100% certain that they only pulled TU. 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo Platinum. Denied.

DH and I closed on our mortgage yesterday (9.16.2020). Obviously, it's not reported yet. So, we decided to go on an app spree before gardening for... ever? 

Yesterday, I apped for: 

Message 2 of 31
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

Barclays Wyndham Rewards Visa. Denied.

Today, I apped for: 

• Barclays Wyndham Rewards Visa. They pulled TU. I don't know which score yet (I will update if i learn). I was denied. I'm 100% certain that they only pulled TU. For reference, my TU FICO8 was 733. My TU FICO9 was 772. My TU FICO BANKCARD8 was 748.

Message 3 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclays Wyndham Rewards Visa. Denied.

That is unfortunate about your denial. Hope you get better luck next time.

Message 4 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Platinum. Denied.

Message 5 of 31
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

TD Bank Nordstrom Visa. Denied.

Yesterday, I apped for: 

• TD Bank Nordstrom Visa. They pulled EX. I don't know which score yet (I will update if i learn), but I have no reason to doubt that it was EX FICO8. For reference, my TU FICO8 was 733. My TU FICO9 was 772. My TU FICO BANKCARD8 was 748. I got "we need more information, please call us" message. Did so right away. A nice gentlemen then told me that I was DENIED based on INQs (4 on EX in last 30 days) (I mean, at that point, can you blame them? lol). 

Message 6 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+. Denied.

Message 7 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: TD Bank Nordstrom Visa. Denied.

Good luck on our application! May the odds be ever in your favor.

Message 8 of 31
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays Wyndham Rewards Visa. Denied.

I'm sorry about the denial! Have you tried recon with back door number. I remember quite a few recon success on Uber release. Worth a try!!

Message 9 of 31
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Platinum. Denied.

Sorry you were denied.  WF I believe pulls EX9.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.