Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree gone horribly wrong

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App spree gone horribly wrong

I have 3 HPs in the last 2 years, none in the last 16 months.  FICOs in the 780s.  Chase is not offering me any green checks in offers for new cards.  I have a FU and CSP with Chase and have been a Chase customer for 4 years.

I don't need a new, additional credit card.  It's an itch I have nearly cured.  I would be feeling really bad if I just went through 3 denials like that.  Heck, even approvals can turn into regrets when you feel like you have too many cards.

The credit game is a lot like video poker and the ups and downs you go through.  I have found it's just better not to gamble and not go too high or too low.  And yet I still come here every day.

Message 11 of 35
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about the denials MrDisco as I do remember your times on a roll with great approvals. Thanks for sharing your experience. We do t know the outcome unless we try. Nothing ventured nothing learned.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got shot down by BOA for premier rewards too... Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh man, I’m sorry that didn’t go better for you. Here’s to hoping the Uber is just a verification issue.
Message 14 of 35
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Called recon. It’s a straight up denial. They don’t like how many new accounts I have.
Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's too bad. Looks like you need to hold out for a while now.
Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about the recent denials, but your sharing of experience is an EXCELLENT reminder to me and anyone else who has trouble with "the itch!"  

Message 17 of 35
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

Sorry OP to hear about your denials, I feel your painSmiley Sad I see you already have a Barclay card with a decent credit line. One thing I do know from personal experience with Barclay, they are willing to reallocate some of your existing available credit to accommodate the new account, it will still give you all the bonus as well. If you really want the Uber Card and since you already took the HP, maybe you could call them back and ask if they will allow that option. You do have a good reason for wanting that card, so tell that to them. Hopefully something can be salvaged from that. 

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 18 of 35
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Yeah I already tried that. He said that wasn’t an option at this time.
Message 19 of 35
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

So I’ve executed plan C.

I converted my Quicksilver, which has been living in the sock drawer for months, to a VentureOne. So no bonus but at least I’ll still get 10x on the hotel booking.

Making the best of it at least.
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.