cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card App decision: "We are unable to verify your identification information"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Card App decision: "We are unable to verify your identification information"

""Update"" After 5 months of apps resulting the same message, today

out of the blue the system didn't ask for my I.D and was approved

for $6000 @ 20.99%!

"Transunion Fico 8: 724"

I got an invitation and decided to apply but half way

I got the above mentioned notification and had to abonden the application!

I did get an email right after saying if our dicision is in error, apply again.

The strange thing is they didn't pull any of my CRA files and I know all

my info are up to date on all 3 CRA.

I'm not even sure if I should apply again.

Any input is much appreciated.

Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card Application decision: "We are unable to verify your identification information&q

i seen where they use corelogic and checksystems too so it may be a mixed up on those file

everything i apply and they use a outside bureau like them i get denied .

i know i have nothing deliquent on chex too

Message 2 of 66
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

Re: Apple Card Application decision: "We are unable to verify your identification information&a

They do soft pulls. When accepting, it becomes hard pull.

$5000 Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $6000 SL CapitalOne VentureOne | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $3500 Wells Fargo Platinum | $9500 BECU Visa
Goals: Grow scores into 700s
Message 3 of 66
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card Application decision: "We are unable to verify your identification information&q

Have you tried calling any CS reps? I have not received an invite, but surely there has to be a number somewhere you can call to complete the verification. 

Message 4 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card Application decision: "We are unable to verify your identification information&a

Ya, it would've been nice if there was a number that I could contact with but

haven't been able to find one!

Message 5 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

This made me laugh and I’m not laughing at you, just the situation is funny.

Is it possible that you have a credit Freeze or lock on with TU, Equifax, Experian or Innovis? Also, are you opted in for pre-approvals on CC’s? I have run into this situation in the past and found that to be the problem.
Message 6 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes & yes!

But I did unlock all 3 files before I applied and I will "Opt-Out"

of pre-approvals if that could be the problem.

Thanks for the info.

Message 7 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

No don’t opt out, that will cause you to lose prequals. 

Message 8 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

You only have to unlock/unfreeze TU.
Message 9 of 66
sjt
Senior Contributor

@audio-disabled wrote:

They do soft pulls. When accepting, it becomes hard pull.

For clarification, you go through the application process, the do a SP, and then they approve you with APR and CL. Then they will HP when you accept?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 10 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.