Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card denied - DPs

tag
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

Apple Card denied - DPs

So, here's some DP for those who might be interested. I got an invite to apply this morning, went to apply as soon as I got the invitation. Goldman Sachs pulled TransUnion with a score of 680. The one and only reason it was denied was because: You have recently been past due

Vantage 3.0 is 651 as of 8/8/2019
FICO8 is 645 as of 8/2/2019
FICO9 is 676 as of 7/18/2019

Reported income: 76.8k
Util: 18% of $11,400

My three current credit cards are 11 months old. Federal student loans, currently paying. I had charged off student loans, but that has since been removed from my report. 

I've never went past due on any of my accounts. The only baddies I have on my account is BK7 discharged 2017, already past 2 years. On my FICO app, I do show I have 6 late payments and last time was 2 years 1 month - but that's my IIB accounts. When I pulled my annual credit reports in the past, they do not show I have late payments, just accounts with IIB.

Is there a recon line? Or do we know if "recently been past due" is actually a cover for BK7? Let me know if you're curious to learn more about my DP.

[Edited to add] I confirmed with TransUnion just now that it was a soft pull, not a hard pull. All my 6 accounts, they see them marked as IIB, and nothing else is showing anything past due. 

$5000 Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $6000 SL CapitalOne VentureOne | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $3500 Wells Fargo Platinum | $9500 BECU Visa
Goals: Grow scores into 700s
Message 1 of 251
250 REPLIES 250
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

@audio-disabled wrote: 

Goldman Sachs pulled TransUnion with a score of 680. The one and only reason it was denied was because: You have recently been past due

I am confused by the above.  If "Goldman Sachs pulled TransUnion with a score of 680. "  what is the FICO8 score you listed below it?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 2 of 251
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I highly doubt there's a method for reconsideration at the moment. Other folks who've been denied explored similar avenues with no outcome.
Message 3 of 251
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

@audio-disabled wrote: 

Goldman Sachs pulled TransUnion with a score of 680. The one and only reason it was denied was because: You have recently been past due

I am confused by the above.  If "Goldman Sachs pulled TransUnion with a score of 680. "  what is the FICO8 score you listed below it?

I know right, in the email I got it tells me I have 680, the closest score to 680 I have is 676 FICO9 as of 7/18. All the scores listed above is TransUnion.

$5000 Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $6000 SL CapitalOne VentureOne | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $3500 Wells Fargo Platinum | $9500 BECU Visa
Message 4 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

@audio-disabled wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

@audio-disabled wrote: 

I know right, in the email I got it tells me I have 680, the closest score to 680 I have is 676 FICO9 as of 7/18. All the scores listed above is TransUnion.

If they used F9, the last time you pulled it was 7/18 so it isn't unrealistic to pick up 4 points almost a month later.

Message 5 of 251
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If they used F9, the last time you pulled it was 7/18 so it isn't unrealistic to pick up 4 points almost a month later.

I'm thinking exactly that, but I don't want to hold my breath, ha.

Message 6 of 251
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

I have just read elsewhere that the supposition is that it is indeed FICO9 that they are using.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 7 of 251
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Relating a 2 year old bk7 as just, " only baddie" isnt the best way to view it. Thats a pretty significsnt reason , and relatively recent bk that can still have repercussions with apps for years to come. Just remember lenders can put up a variety of reasons for denial when in fact its that bk that they dont like.
Message 8 of 251
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Relating a 2 year old bk7 as just, " only baddie" isnt the best way to view it. Thats a pretty significsnt reason , and relatively recent bk that can still have repercussions with apps for years to come. Just remember lenders can put up a variety of reasons for denial when in fact its that bk that they dont like.

Understandable. At this point, we don't know exactly what Goldman like or don't like. I do feel it's worth it sharing here.

I called the number, 877-255-5923, the line went to Apple support then went through two transfers to discuss my application. I spoke with a superviser and he is in Goldman Sachs. This is NOT a recon line, but he said he can see more details but unable to share with me because he is not a credit analyst. But for my situation where the reason for denial reading "recent past dues" is inaccurate, so the superviser will escalate my request in hopes to provide more explanation.

He tried to pad the reason for rejection when explaining to me the list of contributing factors to my scores like severe delinquent or derogatory (BK), but I argue that this is what contributes to my scores. If we focus on the reason itself on the rejection - past dues - which is inaccurate, it should be reconsidered or looked into.

Also, I was able to confirm that if you apply, it will be soft pull. Upon accepting the approval, it becomes a hard pull. As per the supervisor.

Message 9 of 251
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@audio-disabled wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Understandable. At this point, we don't know exactly what Goldman like or don't like. I do feel it's worth it sharing here.

I called the number, 877-255-5923, the line went to Apple support then went through two transfers to discuss my application. I spoke with a superviser and he is in Goldman Sachs. This is NOT a recon line, but he said he can see more details but unable to share with me because he is not a credit analyst. But for my situation where the reason for denial reading "recent past dues" is inaccurate, so the superviser will escalate my request in hopes to provide more explanation.

He tried to pad the reason for rejection when explaining to me the list of contributing factors to my scores like severe delinquent or derogatory (BK), but I argue that this is what contributes to my scores. If we focus on the reason itself on the rejection - past dues - which is inaccurate, it should be reconsidered or looked into.

Also, I was able to confirm that if you apply, it will be soft pull. Upon accepting the approval, it becomes a hard pull. As per the supervisor.

How could a two year old BK NOT BE VIEWED as a RECENT PAST DUE ????

A BK is the most severe  modifer in the game. You are not going to win this IMO. Sorry

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 251
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.