Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card denied - DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card Application Denied

Goldman Sachs Bank, id never heard of them since reading about the new apple card.

Guess if its a bank you have never heard of you can expect them to be more selective/conservative when approving applications.

Message 61 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

bleeping Sage Stream

Message 62 of 251
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Apple Card - Denied

Sorry about the denial.

But your lates are gonna hurt you until they are gone really, I mean when we have lates ( myself included) it can always be given as a reason for a denial.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 63 of 251
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

In the same boat. Got the offer, app’d, denied. Said recent late payment (which was 3.5 years ago). Scores in 690s. Azeo 1% w/ 75k in available credit, 125k income. No HP at least. Don’t need the card but I spent gillions on Apple products so would’ve liked to have it. Nbd.
Current FICO 8s:
EQ: 712 - TU: 719 - EX: 707
Mortgage Ficos: EQ5: 708 - TU4: 729 - EX2: 700
Current Middle Mortgage Score: 708
Goal Scores: 740+

Message 64 of 251
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

In the approvals section, someone posted their approval with a 3 yr BK on file....FWIW

Message 65 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve wondered to myself since the partnership between Apple and GS was announced how it would play out. 

For a company like Apple that is, arguably, struggling to innovate and stay relevant at the moment, introducing a credit card that’s held so closely to “home” for them is risky. They needed a financial partner that was going to allow them to accomplish what they wanted (keeping consumers tied to their product). If they pick the correct partner, having a CC like this is an incredibly smart move. If they pick the wrong partner, it will have the opposite effect from what they are looking for. 

GS isn’t known to the “average” consumer and from what I’ve read here today, they are showing that loud and clear. Data is still too young and spotty to draw a solid conclusion,  but this partnership could be problematic for Apple. GS seems to be excluding what could be a % of Apple’s customers (by declined applications) that could prove to be missed by Apple if they are aggravated or insulted by GS’ cold shoulder. 

700 scores, 7 year old BKs, a 30 day late on a student loan 4 years, etc getting declined? I get responsible lending, but may of these folks that are getting declined seem to have proven their creditworthiness to other major lenders,  but still get the thanks, but no thanks, from GS. 

Message 66 of 251
RotaryP7
Valued Member

Re: Apple Card Application Denied

So since it’s basically a soft pull, how long do those need wait to reapply again after getting denied? Can you just keep applying every month since it won’t affect your credit score? I mean basically.
Chase Freedom Unlimited $1K | Chase Freedom Flex $500 | Capital One Quicksilver $3.3K | Capital One SavorOne $1K | Discover IT $9K | AMEX BCE $1K | Apple Card $1.5K | AMEX ED $1K
Current FICO 8: EQ: 691 TU: 692 EX: 691
Message 67 of 251
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Sorry about the denial.

But your lates are gonna hurt you until they are gone really, I mean when we have lates ( myself included) it can always be given as a reason for a denial.

+1 AGREED  no matter how old the 'lates' are! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 68 of 251
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Question for you denials, how is your banking? Any bounced checks or anything like that? New account, too many new accounts? Closed accounts? Just curious if you all are getting denied based on something from chexsystems. Quite a few people with good credit are being denied for the late payment reason, despite nothing recent, while others with collections are being approved.

Message 69 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same. Offered early sign up on 08.12.19, applied same day, &, per GS, was denied due to "You have recently been past due." TransU score 690. Last late payment was May 2015. Call me crazy but I wouldn't consider "recently past due" 4+ years ago. I do have student loans in deferment. I have chapter 7 from 05/15. Per TransU, I am showing no late payments ever even though I had the chapter 7. If I'm denied because of the chapter 7 then that's understandable, but GS should state as such.
Message 70 of 251
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.