Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Credit Card Denial

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Credit Card Denial

sorry just try again in couple of months good luck.

Message 11 of 16
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

DPs on here indicate that GS is all over the place on this one. Supposedly now GS is working on a T-MOBILE card. 

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 12 of 16
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I can confirm that GS & Apple Card is inquiry sensitive. The moment my inquiry count dropped and I applied for CLI, I was instantly approved. Prior to that, it was always declined for too many inquiries.

Message 13 of 16
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Also just as a side note GS effective 10/01/2022 officially even though they started around 9/25. Tighened down on both Approvals and CLI because they are losing so much money to card holder defaults on this card. They also increased CLI Request times from 91 days to 181 days. Right they lead the card market in losses at 2.9% which is a pretty big number/percentage for losses. They realize now they should not have modeled this as a Sub-Prime card. I can't post links here due to TOS and I wouldn't out of respect for this Forum anyway. But if you search dedicated Apple Card groups you'll find all the talk and "new" DP's and such.

Message 14 of 16
moderntechguy

How many inquiries did you have?

Message 15 of 16
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@chelle88 wrote:
I have:

CO SavorOne $1.5kB/$3kCL

Citi Simplicity $0B/$11kCL

Credit One $0B/$1kCL

Avant $260B/$300CL

When did you get the above cards?  Credit age/number of new accts are factors too as noted.   

For clarity, NO the Path to Apple Card is Not a guaranteed approval.  Apple is very slick at marketing and presentation.  

Apple Card - Financial Health - Apple

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.