Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Soap Opera!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Soap Opera!

I don't know what to do really. Any advice would be appreciated. I applied 04/10 and was pre-approved. Email requested ID. Uploaded 04/10. Waited and waited... On 04/20 it was still in review, called and basically was told I just have to wait. Called again yesterday 19 days after pre-approval and got a bit further, where she sent me a code through text to verify and had me verify addresses and such... Then she said her part is Complete and she forwarded it to the next step and that it can take up to 30 more days... 60 days for a yes or no?! What is this "next department"? Anything I can do to speed it up?

3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Apple Soap Opera!

Unfortunately, based on reported verification experiences, there's nothing that can be done to speed up their internal verification process.  Just gotta let them do their thing.  On the upside, it's possible it can take less than 30 days for the next step, if everything checks out.

Message 2 of 4
britt585
Regular Contributor

I had a similar experience with apple. So I applied early april got the reviee message. next day they asked for me to upload ID, I did goes back into review. few days go by.. i start calling got the same run around and someone calling me back to verify. I had to be transferred to GS and froom there I got someone who asked me security questions. She said I would receive an email in 10 minutes, I did and i was denied due to them not being abe to verify my idenity. I was upset.. I reapplied and the same thing happened however the rep I spoke with sent a code to my phone and i was instantly approved.... I would suggest calling back. hope this helps...

Message 3 of 4
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your "final" Apple approval . . . I probably would have pulled the plug on them like I decided to do with PenFed . . . I'm not desperate for credit and my current score is 790 with a 5% utilization.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.