Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Advice - Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Application Advice - Visa

Edit for brevity and focus on a specific question.

If I have a chargeoff removed 7/1 and I apply for a new card on 7/5 is there any way the CO could show up in the credit pull?  This will be my first account with the new bank.

Hey All,

I need to add a revolving account, with a strong preference for a Visa, as I just have one, a PayPal 2% MC with an $18K line.  I also have an Amex Gold, but the PayPal was recently removed due to fraud, and my scores took a 50 point hit for lack of revolving accounts.  I am an AU on a Chase Freedom account with a large limit/zero balance and have a bunch of positive closed accounts.  I do have one serious derog that is scheduled to fall off from EX 7/1 (according to a discussion with an EX rep).  EQ and TU are clean.

Stats from EX subscription:

TU – 828

EQ – 825

EX – 739

AAoA – 9Y9M

AoOA – 25Y3M (AU Account), my oldest non-AU was opened in 2004

AoYA – 9 Months (Gold)

Healthy Income

Now the big question.  I am going on vacation in Europe leaving on 7/12.  Assuming the derog does drop off 7/1 do you think I can apply for something and get the card before I leave and not have the CO show up on the application?  I have been waiting for the CO to drop and, since I have made it this long, would rather be safe than sorry.  Additionally, I do not see myself as one who is going to open 15 cards, so I would like this card to be a keeper.

I am OK with my current setup, but seeing what happened to my score when the PP was removed freaked me out.  I know Visa and MC are generally interchangeable, but I do travel off the grid from time to time and would like to have both.  To further complicate things, I am most interested in the US Bank Altitude Reserve, which, as you all know, requires a relationship.  I live in a non-US Bank state, so I need to figure that out as well…  The other card I am considering is Bank of America Premier Rewards (my former employer!) as it seems like it can grow, and I will easily use the travel credit.

Chase is a no-go due to the CO, and I am not interested in Capital One or Barclays.  None of the Citi cards pique my interest, and we are very tied to MR points through business accounts, so I don't want another program.  We just started a business relationship with CityNational, but as much as I would love the Crystal, it is too much of a hassle to apply.  Amex revolvers (love Amex!) are not helpful because of acceptance where we travel.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Application Advice - Visa

Message 2 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Uber - https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=2398&cellNumber=6&referrerid=

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/best-credit-card-sign-up-offers/ -- lists ALOT of cards to choose from and breaks them into per bank sections and "other"

your post is a bit TLDR for me so, here.... 

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/kevlarlover/Card+Recommendation+Flowchart+v12.html

From OP's original post

" I am not interested in Capital One or Barclays" if im not mistaking, UBER is A Sir "Barclays card.

Am I Missing someting here?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

To get the USB AR you have to go for Cash+ and then you can get the AR if you want.

The BOA TR is easier than the PR but,, the PR offers more incentive for travel.

Message 4 of 6
DebtJoe
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Edit for brevity and focus on a specific question.

If I have a chargeoff removed 7/1 and I apply for a new card on 7/5 is there any way the CO could show up in the credit pull? 

If it's a bank you are not a current customer with, the credit report they pull should (for the most part) be your most current report. Pulling an older report is something that usually only happens to current customers. Cap 1 is pretty notorious for this.

8/1/2018 FICO Scores:

6/29/2021 FICO Scores:
Message 5 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Off-topic posts have been removed, and edits have been made where appropriate to ensure the myFICO FSR (Friendly, Supportive, Respectful) policy is observed.

Friendly reminder... participating in any given thread is not required, and if one finds a post/thread to be too lengthy or difficult to follow he or she can simply skip that thread. 

We are here to help each other and to share data points, and we regularly ask for members to provide as much information as possible and we will continue to do so.

If anyone has a question about this they are welcome to contact me via PM.

--UB

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.