Frequent Contributor

Re: Application response confusion

Financial Institution?

USAlliance CU? 

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry but this just sounds like a conservative credit union and nothing you say or do it going to change that. You have 15 cards. That is nothing to myfico but that is 3-4 times the national average. The big banks don't care but many credit unions do.
I can't believe I am suggesting this but you might have better luck with Penfed. You have little debt (it would appear) have not added many new accounts or inquiries. Look into the Penfed or some of the larger credit unions that are not so conservative. If you are in the South/Southeast I would also try BB&T. They have a soft pull prequal that is pretty rock solid and give out generous limits.

*before someone slides in....I realize Penfed is conservative but the OP does not check any of the red flag boxes that normally set them off. Nothing is guaranteed but I believe those are waters they should fish in. Good luck op

Message 23 of 27
Rockysocks
Frequent Contributor

I understand your point. My only issue is Penfed and BB&T offer rewards that 1) I already get through other cards or 2) are not relevant to my spend. I think I will ask for underwriting tomorrow once more and see how that goes, and I believe I will try to build a relationship with them and try applying in a few months. The credit game is a game I take seriously, but a game I love to play as well. 😉

I APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S HELP and if anyone has any other advice or suggestions, I'm all ears!

Thanks again, everybody!! 

Message 24 of 27
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@Rockysocks wrote:

Financial Institution?

USAlliance CU? 

Gotcha.  I'm not familiar with them. Good luck with the recon!

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

The question you haev to ask yourself is, are you willing to give up 2-4 existing cards in favor of this one one just to be considered?

Because closing them isn't a 100% guarantee of approval, even if the UW says it may help.

There's a saying in life, if it's not mant to be don't force it...

Appling and getting a CC should not be this difficult. IMO

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the revamped rewards program they're probably even pickier than they used to be and this doesn't surprise me at all. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.