Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied for NFCU CC....Awaiting Response

good luck

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck!! I applied a day after becoming a member and got the 3-5 day message then the 1 days message. They pulled TU for me and my score was 675 or 676 based off their approval letter. I applied on a Wednesday around 10am and 1 hour later I got the message I was approved 12.5K at 11.6% + prime. So if it's not busy and not a weekend it can be quick like I said I got my approval message 1 hour later. Good luck again
Message 12 of 22
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Eyisila wrote:

Typical response for NFCU.

I got it when I applied, DH got it when he applied.  Usually once all is seen as "good" they will send a text that lets you know of the results.  Worse comes to worse you can always give them a call.  DH applied LATE on a Friday and didn't get an answer until the following Monday.  Good answer though...3k on CashRewards with scores around the same as yours.  Now we had been with them for 3  years and just refinanced an auto through them before he app'd. 

Only time I have seen instant approvals were for people with A LOT better profiles, like A LOT better.  IE...mother in law joined thru DH and applied BAM instand 25k at approx 10% interest.  But she has scores 725-750+ with low to no util, long relationship with Amex and BofA, and decent business income Smiley Happy.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

I really, really, really hope I get that "Approved" text message. Plue over the weekend, my Equifax score jumped to 631! Now I wish i had apped on monday. Lol. Thats awesome!!! I prob wont see instant approvals for a while but thats ok...it's worth the wait. Thank you for your reassurance! 

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 13 of 22
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I didn't get instapproval with NFCU. EQ Beacon 5.0 was 663 on letter they sent. They use the same scoring model as Capital One.

I got the text 4hrs after applying in branch that I was approved and called in to find I got $10,000 SL and 14.65% on W2 Income of $41,000.

Wow!!! Nixon thats fantastic!!! Congrats on that SL as well!!! 

Message 14 of 22
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@jbsea wrote:

You should get it.... My scores were close to that and I was approved.  Good Luck!!!!

I sure hope so! That would make my week!!! Lol. Thank you! 

Message 15 of 22
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

good luck

Thank you!!! 

Message 16 of 22
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Good Luck!! I applied a day after becoming a member and got the 3-5 day message then the 1 days message. They pulled TU for me and my score was 675 or 676 based off their approval letter. I applied on a Wednesday around 10am and 1 hour later I got the message I was approved 12.5K at 11.6% + prime. So if it's not busy and not a weekend it can be quick like I said I got my approval message 1 hour later. Good luck again

I hope that's my issue... i applied on Friday around 10...:-( Hope they come back with good news though...I'd even take a really msall limit just to get my foot in the door! Thank you so much for your well wishes! 

Message 17 of 22
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

I applied on a Friday night and was approved the following Tuesday morning. The weekend can slow things down a bit but you should hear something soon.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 18 of 22
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Anomalous wrote:

I applied on a Friday night and was approved the following Tuesday morning. The weekend can slow things down a bit but you should hear something soon.

I sure hope so! Im anxious! 

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck to you! I as well applied this past friday night, around midnight, as I did with a few other cards. Trying to get my hands on a few and sit on em for some time. I got the message stating it would take 24 hours but assumed it wouldnt be til Monday or Tuesday, so Im holding my breathe as well. I will say that USAA did instantly approve me for $1000 and Cap1 QS1 instant approval for $500, but going to call recon about at least matching that to my Cap1 Platinum of $1300. Ive only had a savings account with NFCU for about a year and dont really use it, but would love to get my foot in the door with them. Best of luck again and Ill update as well when I hear

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.