cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for Amex Surpass or continue to garden?

tag
biff-henderson
Contributor

Apply for Amex Surpass or continue to garden?

Got the Amex BCP in the fall, and got a $1K toy SL. Requested a CLI @Anonymous days inusing the link that gets shared around, as there was no button and was denied. I'll admit I beat up my file in the Fall making some moves to reduce my overhead. Got a invitation to pre-qual for a Cap1 autoloan. Did so, and was offered a loan. Decided to check Cap1 prequals and was offered a card I already have and one I didn't, but not the VentureX -- which I really want.

Decided to press my luck and hit up Amex. Got weird "this offer's for you" on Gold card on landing page, and "you're pre-approved" for the Hilton Surpass when I filed out the form --- which I've been *really* wanting. Should I chance it, and risk another toy limit? Should I wait for my score and file to rebound a little more? I'd really like that bonus offer. I plan on trying to do some travel in August, and would appreciate the lounge access and Hilton perks. Is there warning before those offers change?  Thoughs? Advice?

Also, 2 weeks ago I was offered the Amex upgrade on my Macy's card. My last CLI request took it to $10K in April. Haven't hit them up since. I guess it's time. Could that be related?

B.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Apply for Amex Surpass or continue to garden?

@biff-henderson wrote:

Got the Amex BCP in the fall, and got a $1K toy SL. Requested a CLI @Anonymous days inusing the link that gets shared around, as there was no button and was denied. I'll admit I beat up my file in the Fall making some moves to reduce my overhead. Got a invitation to pre-qual for a Cap1 autoloan. Did so, and was offered a loan. Decided to check Cap1 prequals and was offered a card I already have and one I didn't, but not the VentureX -- which I really want.

Decided to press my luck and hit up Amex. Got weird "this offer's for you" on Gold card on landing page, and "you're pre-approved" for the Hilton Surpass when I filed out the form --- which I've been *really* wanting. Should I chance it, and risk another toy limit? Should I wait for my score and file to rebound a little more? I'd really like that bonus offer. I plan on trying to do some travel in August, and would appreciate the lounge access and Hilton perks. Is there warning before those offers change?  Thoughs? Advice?

Also, 2 weeks ago I was offered the Amex upgrade on my Macy's card. My last CLI request took it to $10K in April. Haven't hit them up since. I guess it's time. Could that be related?

B.

I would take the leap. The Hilton Surpass is a great card. 

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.