Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for NFCU again?

tag
Amber-Lissette
New Contributor

Apply for NFCU again?

Apped for NFCU gorewards yesterday, denied. Today, Experian fico jumped 35 points to 646! Should I app again? I froze TU and EQ (I believe they pulled EQ, which was the lowest at 585)..thanks!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apply for NFCU again?

NFCU usually pulls TU for new cards & EQ for CLIs, but they have been known to mix it around, especially if you have some reports frozen...

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can’t force NFCU to pull a specific bureau and even suggesting trying to manipulate credit applications with freezes is against myFICO TOS. 

NFCU rarely uses EX for anything. You’ll likely just be met with a denial again. 

Message 3 of 13
Amber-Lissette
New Contributor

Thanks for the input, got it!
Message 4 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Amber-Lissette wrote:
Thanks for the input, got it!

Do you already have a NFCU CC? If yes, view your FICO score there. It updated today.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 13
Amber-Lissette
New Contributor

I do, score there is over 100 points less than what FICO8 has Smiley Sad I thought it was an internal score. Score there is 521 while other places show my fico08 as 642 EX, 634 EQ, and 619 TU..
Message 6 of 13
thornback
Senior Contributor

NFCU shows EQ FICO 9, not FICO 8.  That's why it's different from the scores you've listed.   FICO 9 seems to weigh derogatories a bit heavier than FICO 8. 

@Amber-Lissette wrote:
I do, score there is over 100 points less than what FICO8 has Smiley Sad I thought it was an internal score. Score there is 521 while other places show my fico08 as 642 EX, 634 EQ, and 619 TU..

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback wrote:

NFCU shows EQ FICO 9, not FICO 8.  That's why it's different from the scores you've listed.   FICO 9 seems to weigh derogatories a bit heavier than FICO 8. 

@Amber-Lissette wrote:

I wouldn't say thats always the case.  I have derogs and my FICO 9 scores are 30-60 points higher than my 8s. One is a paid charge off which I believe carries less weight for FICO 9.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@saeren

NFCU recently pulled EX for me on a CLI request They said they tried pulling EQ but couldn’t bc it was frozen which it isnt , only got an alert they tried pulling EX which is frozen and not EQ.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@saeren

NFCU recently pulled EX for me on a CLI request They said they tried pulling EQ but couldn’t bc it was frozen which it isnt , only got an alert they tried pulling EX which is frozen and not EQ.

This is not normal. I wouldn’t expect them to always let you get away with this. Manipulating credit pulls using freezes is a game the credit card companies are on to — in this case they probably made an exception because EQ is their monthly AR anyway. Regardless, it’s also against the TOS here to talk about doing as it’s unethical and creditors can SP the other report anyway. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.