Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying advice

Hello everyone and thanks in advance Smiley Happy . Long story short I tried the pre approval page on both AMEX and Chase and both says no offers available .

Should I still apply even when I did not get pre approved ? 

I reside in Michigan  EX 718 - TU 710 - EQ 650 Smiley Sad 

Thanks all for your help .

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying advice

Yes. I've never gotten a pre approval for any credit card and I have both Discover and Amex
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you ! I might just give it a shot Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say you're in good shape score wise to get a card from either amex or Chase
Message 4 of 16
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Do you have any previous relationship with Chase? Chase will import your info into their internal scoring system and a positive current or previous relationship will definitely help. I had banked with them for years when I applied for the CSP when it came out and I was given a $10K CL with higher income but about a 680 FICO middle score. 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do bank with them too .I use square , they deposit money to my account almost daily so my checking is very active . I did apply for Chase Freedom but got the

'' 

We need to review your application a little longer.

We'll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can. If we approve your application, you'll receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days. Please don't resubmit your application.'' 

Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 16
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I do bank with them too .I use square , they deposit money to my account almost daily so my checking is very active . I did apply for Chase Freedom but got the

'' 

We need to review your application a little longer.

We'll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can. If we approve your application, you'll receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days. Please don't resubmit your application.'' 

Smiley Sad

I hope everything comes back positive. If not, you can always call and recon. You may have to go item through item on your credit report but people do have success. Also, I forgot to say this earlier; welcome to the forum. Just about everything you want to know is tucked away in a thread on this forum. 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you ! Credit is fine except this EQ refusing to remove some public record . Shall see what happens anyways

Message 8 of 16
comingthisway
Established Member

I'd say go ahead and call the recon line. I was in the same boat as you this time last week. I had applied for Amex PRG and CSP and had been shown the same 'We're reviewing you application...' message.
Searched through the forums here to see what to do and saw alot of people calling the back door numbers right away and getting approved on the spot.
I did the same and got approved for both the PRG (NSPL) and CSP (15K). My scores were a bit higher(750-780) but my credit history is less than 2 years old and I had never dealt with Chase or Amex before.
Best of luck!
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did alost tried AMEX ...and it said'' We'll process your application as soon as possible and send you a decision within 14 days.'' it's not my day lol !

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.