Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying advice

Thats annoying! Amex has a website that you can check the status of, they may request 4506-T copy of tax returns, that is what they did for me. I refused because of security concerns but others have reported getting approved after they complied with this request. 

Message 11 of 16
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats annoying! Amex has a website that you can check the status of, they may request 4506-T copy of tax returns, that is what they did for me. I refused because of security concerns but others have reported getting approved after they complied with this request. 

Did you have any AMEX accounts that they AA'd after you refused to send in the 4506-T? I've heard of them closing accounts after refusal. 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had Amex accounts at the beginning of this year that I collected a lot of MR from the sign up bonuses. I closed them right after I got the points, so when I applied I did not have any active accounts. I do not falsify income on applications, and would happily provide pay stubs, but when a lender is so inflexible that they demand to perform a full prostate exam (tax returns), IMO they are not worth doing business with. 

Message 13 of 16
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Oh I understand. I just know they have a tendency to AA when someone refuses. Typically I don't think they ask for it until around $27k or so in CL. 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They didn't ask me for anything and even their website says wait for 24 hours . Will see what happens i just have this theory -if approved then just approved no waiting or nothing since i have never had an AMEX before .

Message 15 of 16
comingthisway
Established Member

Did you get any emails from them? They showed me the same wait message but then emailed me the next day asking for address and SSN information. I was given the option of providing that information online or via a phone call.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.