Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a Credit Card without SSN

tag
Deuter
Regular Contributor

Re: Applying for a Credit Card without SSN

@rbentley wrote:
I stand by my comment that he has no chance on that particularr AmEx card with no SSN and only 2 months of credit history.  I don't doubt that you got a Citi Prestige card but I am willing to bet you had much more than two months of history at the time.  True?

I have had 10 months with my the first card i got that was the AA. AFTER i had the AA for 10 months is that i decided to give it a try for the higher end card that is the Prestige. I know there was a risk as i have read that you usually need 1 year with a card at Citi to apply for the higher end ones, but i was in the USA Now. And as i can only apply in-person, in branch.. i couldn't wait until month 13, so i took a risk.

I don't know what is my true history, shall i say i started in May 2018 or Nov 2018?

This card that i first got started giving me a FICO score in November 2018. 

But it's True. You're right.... i didn't read the card this fellow was applying to.... its the Bonvoy... it's kinda high end... and if you ask me specifically with 2 months ... I don't think that they are going to approve.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I guess it is settled then, no chance.

He’s 22.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hold up. Why do you have your ROOMMATE as an AU on your account? He/ she can max out your CL and not be held liable for a single cent.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Without an SSN, how can they pull your credit history? I am curious about that.

Message 14 of 16
SBR249
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Without an SSN, how can they pull your credit history? I am curious about that.

Your SSN isn't the only identifier on your CR. It happens to be a very convenient unique identifier (though they are not supposed to use it as such) but your CR can be pulled using a variety of info combinations like name/address/DOB etc. 

Message 15 of 16
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hold up. Why do you have your ROOMMATE as an AU on your account? He/ she can max out your CL and not be held liable for a single cent.

+1 THIS...unless OP added as AU but did not give him the actual card or virtual number...

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.