Not applicable

Re: Applying for mutiple cards at once

Thanks!

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insight!

Does it make a difference if those CRA are frozen?

@ChargedUp wrote:

Don't forget that lenders can leave their mark on lesser known CRA's like Sagestream, Lexis Nexus, Innovis, etc. along with whatever major bureau(s) they decide to leave their mark on.

And lenders doing a HP, SP, SP on all three is a thing. This is why "app-spree's" beyond 2, max 3 cards at once isn't a great idea in my book, unless you're sporting Mahraja, Gmood or Coldfusion type credit files.

Message 12 of 13
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the insight!

Does it make a difference if those CRA are frozen?

@ChargedUp wrote:

Don't forget that lenders can leave their mark on lesser known CRA's like Sagestream, Lexis Nexus, Innovis, etc. along with whatever major bureau(s) they decide to leave their mark on.

And lenders doing a HP, SP, SP on all three is a thing. This is why "app-spree's" beyond 2, max 3 cards at once isn't a great idea in my book, unless you're sporting Mahraja, Gmood or Coldfusion type credit files.

Depends on the lender. People seemed to have better odds when applying for USBank while having LN & Sagestream frozen, but I believe I've read on here that they've begun kicking back some apps where the above were frozen. I suppose if your credit file with the majors is thick, old and blemish free they may approve solely on the merits shown within, but others they'll want to see the minor CRA's as well.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.