Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Car Care but closed the account

tag
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

Approved for Car Care but closed the account

Need four new tires and a new windshield. I have 5 accounts with Sync and put very heavy use on the deferred interest options on PayPal, Amazon, and to an extent CareCredit. Decided to app for Car Care. Always PIF before promo expiration.

Approved with a $700 limit - All my other Sync accounts are between $4,000 - $15,000.

I have zero need for a $700 account, so I used the chat to get a higher limit. Denied. I closed the account immediately.

691 TU at time of wasted HP.

Current FICO8:

2017: $200 secured card | 2023: $200,000+ total credit line
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Approved for Car Care but closed the account

Sorry to hear about the outcome, but just because you have other SYNCB accounts with higher CLs, it doesn't translate into SYNCB approving or extending more. If you're close to the ceiling (exposure-wise and based on income/DTI + other factors), this is typically why some later approvals end up with lower SLs.  Then again, SYNCB is minimizing overall risk if they feel $700 is adequate given your current overall exposure with them.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would close this card or sock draw it. You have other cards you can use. If you do an auto repair over $100 which is about a 15% utilization it will bring your scores down. And I am not aware of repairs that cost that little which makes this card kind of useless. If it was me I would just sock draw it since you had the HP to get the card.

Thanks

Mark

Message 3 of 4
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

I would have kept it even though it was a low SL.

I got that card years ago and started at $800.

Grew it over time and now it has a $6,000 CL.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.