cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are NFCU cc cli’s still only soft pulls?

tag
iowe
Regular Contributor

Are NFCU cc cli’s still only soft pulls?

I searched but the thread I found on it is almost three years old now. At that time it seems they switched to soft pull only.  I see one guy's post a few posts down this page that had a soft pull. Just double checking before I smash the button for a cli request. Has anyone else had any recent experience with an NFCU credit card cli that can vouch if it's only a soft pull or have they gone back to hard pulls since 2020? 

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Are NFCU cc cli’s still only soft pulls?

Yes, NFCU's CLIs are soft pulls.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Here's the thread you want to read.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Datapoints-Thread-for-Members...

From memory if you request a CLI online 100% of reported datapoints are that it will only be a soft pull but if you called in and spoke to a CSR there is a risk of taking a hard pull, but the thread I'm referencing is a much better resource than my memory.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

As long as you ask via the app/website, yes, it'll be a SP only.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 8
iowe
Regular Contributor

Awesome. Thanks. I smashed the cli button in the app and got instant approval. 24k to $32k I felt like I left some on the table but I’m happy nonetheless. I’ll smash it again when enough statement cycles have passed.

Message 5 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@iowe wrote:
Awesome. Thanks. I smashed the cli button in the app and got instant approval. 24k to $32k I felt like I left some on the table but I’m happy nonetheless. I’ll smash it again when enough statement cycles have passed.

Nope, $8k is the current cap, so you got everything you could've possibly gotten. Congrats! Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 8
iowe
Regular Contributor

Thanks!

Message 7 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the approval !  Feel free to start a new thread to discuss in Credit Card Approvals if desired

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.