Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto and Manual CLIs for Discover, CapitalOne, and Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto and Manual CLIs for Discover, CapitalOne, and Chase

Was given an auto CLI on my Discover More of $1200, bringing me to $5200. Requested an additional CLI and was granted $1500, bringing me to $6700. Utilization is at about 45%. Never late. Working diligently on paying this one down.

With CapitalOne Journey, I was given the "we'll get back to you on that" message. I'll see about recon when the letter comes in. I recently paid this account down to about 20% utilization on a credit line of $4300. Last late payment was 01/17, 30 days. I'd just started my new job.

Chase Freedom was a hard pull and was denied immediately. I hate the minuscule $1200 limit but, being one of my older accounts, I don't want to close it. I'll try to recon this one as well. Last late payment was 01/17, 30 days. Again, I'd just started my new job. It has a utilization of about 11%.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Auto and Manual CLIs for Discover, CapitalOne, and Chase

Unfortunately, Capital One does not reconsider system-declined requests, which includes CLIs, even if escalated to the EO.

With Chase, it's fairly seldom where declined CLI requests are overturned.

But, at least there was a positive outcome with your Discover card which seems to be a challenge to grow for a variety of profiles.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto and Manual CLIs for Discover, CapitalOne, and Chase

Well, CapitalOne isn't totally out of the questions I suppose. Further review and all that stuff. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Chase is my least favorite account. I just can't make myself close the account as it really helps with my AAoA.

Thanks for the insight!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.