Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA prequal CL vs actual CL

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

BBVA prequal CL vs actual CL

If the site displays a certain CL for prequal, do you think that they'd possibly go over that amount upon confirming my info, or is the prequal amount the most that I'd be approved for? Would love to see your prequal and actual approval CL.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA prequal CL vs actual CL

@cr101 wrote:

If the site displays a certain CL for prequal, do you think that they'd possibly go over that amount upon confirming my info, or is the prequal amount the most that I'd be approved for? Would love to see your prequal and actual approval CL.

I got prequal of: 3.5k = pass

5.0k = pass

10k = accepted & issued card for 10k

2nd prequal of:  10k = accepted & issued card for 10k

I'd guess it's pretty accurate. 

Message 2 of 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

The last one I pulled the trigger on was a prequal for $10k. That's what they gave me.

Message 3 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I think USUALLY you'll get what you're offered. However, there is often fine print language indicating that you may get more or less depending on your current credit. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 9
JNA1
Valued Contributor

The prequal on my ClearPoints card was $15,300 and that's what they gave me. I currently have a prequal for the 2% Rewards card for $10,000, but I'm not ready to step out of the garden yet.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 5 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Good luck on your application!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless your credit has changed, you should receive what they're offering. Good luck with your application! 

Message 7 of 9
cr101
Established Contributor

here are some datapoints for you guys. after originally posting this, i realized that my data is based on my EX FICO 8 scores. when i've prequaled in the past and was declined, it displays my FICO 9 and VANTAGE 3 scores.

scores listed are from my EX FICO 8 report. BBVA didn't show my score for these prequals...

original prequal was for 1800 w an EX score of 676.

after i paid down a 77% util card and paid off a 25% util card, my score changed to 686 and the prequal changed to 3800.

the next day, an EX boost was removed, so my score dropped to 677. that boost was only for a $39 account and the last payment that it added to my acct was probably from Aug of 2019...my prequal changed to 1900.

out of curiousity, i put about half a mill as my income (i had no intention of actually apping w it), and the prequal changed to 4000.

please post your prequal amts at diff scores if you have them. thanks.

Message 8 of 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Last update I got through PNC. Has my EX 9 as a 796.

Correction, score just updated in WF this morning 3-8-20.

Prequal from 3-7-20. 12.24% APR

14 inqs reporting on EX presently. Six new accounts since November 2019.

Screenshot_20200308-094133.jpg

Screenshot_20200307-224341.jpgScreenshot_20200307-224929.jpg

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.