Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE CLI

tag
907grown
Established Contributor

BCE CLI

I was approved for Amex BCE a couple weeks ago and decided to take a chance and ask for a CLI on activation. No go. They started me with a 2000 dollar limit which is insanely lower then most of my cards, but whatever it's Amex BCE!!

so can I app for the 61 day CLI when the time comes or do I need to wait longer? 

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: BCE CLI

@907grown wrote:

I was approved for Amex BCE a couple weeks ago and decided to take a chance and ask for a CLI on activation. No go. They started me with a 2000 dollar limit which is insanely lower then most of my cards, but whatever it's Amex BCE!!

so can I app for the 61 day CLI when the time comes or do I need to wait longer? 

As long as you don't have any other Amex cards which have had a CLI recently, you're good to go at 61 days.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on your denial reason ; if it's because the card is too new you can try again in 61 days from the day you were approved. But if you were denied for other reason you have to wait 90 days from denial date.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, you should be ok to request in another 61 days. From what I have noticed on here, if Amex gives you a low SL, they are less likely to grant a cli upon activation. They usually want to see some spending and payments.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as you use the card regularly for those 2 months and keep your utilization low I see no reason that you won't get a CLI to $6k at 61+ days.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.