Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CL redistribution and CLI eligibility

tag
Eyepinpools
Regular Contributor

BOA CL redistribution and CLI eligibility

Hey all. I have 3x cards with BOA each with a 7k CL. I would like to grow my overall exposure with them and to increase my CL on my CCR card. If I request moving limit

from my two other cards to the CCR does they affect my eligibility for requesting a CLI? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: BOA CL redistribution and CLI eligibility

Ask for CLIs first then move limits around.   You can ask for CLIs on multiple cards on the same day but if you get a denial or don't get the full amount you asked for on a given card you're done asking for the day.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 8
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Eyepinpools wrote:

Hey all. I have 3x cards with BOA each with a 7k CL. I would like to grow my overall exposure with them and to increase my CL on my CCR card. If I request moving limit

from my two other cards to the CCR does they affect my eligibility for requesting a CLI? 

A CLI for the *other* cards? I tried that recently with Amex and failed! I know you're talking about BofA, but I just thought I'd share. Since upgrading my Amex BCE to BCP, I'm using it the most, and my Everyday card isn't getting used. So I transferred some of Everyday's limit to BCP, then waited a few weeks and tried to get a CLI on Everyday. NOPE!!!  I was denied right away. I don't remember the reason(s), and I have no idea if your experience with BofA would be different, I'm just sharing. Smiley Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SoCalGardener wrote:

@Eyepinpools wrote:

A CLI for the *other* cards? I tried that recently with Amex and failed! I know you're talking about BofA, but I just thought I'd share. Since upgrading my Amex BCE to BCP, I'm using it the most, and my Everyday card isn't getting used. So I transferred some of Everyday's limit to BCP, then waited a few weeks and tried to get a CLI on Everyday. NOPE!!!  I was denied right away. I don't remember the reason(s), and I have no idea if your experience with BofA would be different, I'm just sharing. Smiley Happy

BoA and AENB are night and day as far as this process goes, though. As @coldfusion mentioned upthread, one can submit CLI requests on multiple BoA cards (and in some cases be approved), on the same day or even if staggered. AENB can approve only one CLI request every 181 days, regardless of multiple revolvers.

Message 4 of 8
Eyepinpools
Regular Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

Ask for CLIs first then move limits around.   You can ask for CLIs on multiple cards on the same day but if you get a denial or don't get the full amount you asked for on a given card you're done asking for the day.

Perfect, thank you. When they deny a CLI request, how long do you have to wait to request again? 

Message 5 of 8
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@SoCalGardener wrote:

BoA and AENB are night and day as far as this process goes, though. As @coldfusion mentioned upthread, one can submit CLI requests on multiple BoA cards (and in some cases be approved), on the same day or even if staggered. AENB can approve only one CLI request every 181 days, regardless of multiple revolvers.

Ha ha, I know! I said I was just sharing. Smiley Happy

I only have one BofA card, so I've never tried shifting credit limits around there.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 6 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Eyepinpools wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Perfect, thank you. When they deny a CLI request, how long do you have to wait to request again? 

I believe it is 91 days.

Reason for asking for CLIs first is that BoA has been known to just quietly move limits around in response to a CLI request; you would look at the card in question and think you got a limit increase until at some point you looked at your other cards and realized there was a corresponding CLD.   They're wise to attempts of sleight of hand like moving the majority of a CL to a different card then requesting a CLI on the donor card in order to restore at least some of that card's limit.   Just ask for what you want and then move around as you see fit.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 8
Eyepinpools
Regular Contributor

Great info, thank you. And thank you to everyone here. In about 9 months I've gone from 3.9k to 59.8k TCLs. In the garden for a while seeking SP CLIs while waiting for a Cash+.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.