Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI RULES?

tag
gordoncharles25
New Contributor

BOA CLI RULES?

hey guys i have 2 boa cards. and they both had the cli button. one was cli approved and the other one denied. have some of you had success increasing 2 of their cards..or you have to wait 91 days once one is approved . the cli button is still there for the one that has been denied. 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BOA CLI RULES?

Yes, it is possible to obtain 2 CLI at the same time.

CLI interval for eligibility is 91 days from last approval.

For the card that was denied, perhaps you can try again next month?
Message 2 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@gordoncharles25 wrote:

hey guys i have 2 boa cards. and they both had the cli button. one was cli approved and the other one denied. have some of you had success increasing 2 of their cards..or you have to wait 91 days once one is approved . the cli button is still there for the one that has been denied. 

It is possible that you hit the internal limit on what they are willing to grant you for now?

I personally would wait at least 90 days. my $0.02 worth.

Message 3 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your first card CLISmiley Happy

Message 4 of 21
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@gordoncharles25 wrote:

Personally, yes.  Back to back on 2 different cards with 2 instant approvals.  

91 days is common but is a YMMV.  They'll tell you when they think you're eligible to request (request, not necessarily get) another CLI when the "request a credit limit" hyperlink reappears for a given card. 

Those 2 CLI hyperlinks will remain  until the bank has completed its nightly batch run and they'll be gone before about 5AM EDT tomorrow.

If you were to try a 2nd time on the card you just successfully got a CLI on your request would be deferred for review by an analyst. 

Given you were just declined on your 2nd card odds are you'd be declined, but I know emperically that sometimes it gets approved.  

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 21
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@gordoncharles25 wrote:

91 days is common but is a YMMV.  They'll tell you when they think you're eligible to request (request, not necessarily get) another CLI when the "request a credit limit" hyperlink reappears for a given card. 

Those 2 CLI hyperlinks will remain  until the bank has completed its nightly batch run and they'll be gone before about 5AM EDT tomorrow.

If you were to try a 2nd time on the card you just successfully got a CLI on your request would be deferred for review by an analyst. 

Given you were just declined on your 2nd card odds are you'd be declined, but I know emperically that sometimes it gets approved.  

I really admire how detailed your knowledge of this stuff is.  I'm curious if you have any information or advice applicable to my current, related scenario.

7/2: Requested $5k CLI via website on Card 1. Instant approval. All reports were frozen and inquiry was SP. Prior CLI was only 4.5 months earlier.

7/3: Requested $5k CLI via website on Card 2. Got 7-10 day message. All reports still frozen. Prior CLI was only 4.5 months earlier.

7/4: No change to CL on Card 2 yet. No email update. Since it's a holiday weekend, I assume manual review before Monday is unlikely. Link for "Request a credit line increase" is still present on webpage for Card 2 (not for Card 1).

My gut tells me to just let it be, let them do whatever review is pending and live with their decision on whether/how much to give me on Card 2. But the fact that the CLI link is still showing up the day after I submitted my request surprised me a little and it's making me wonder if there is any advantage (or disadvantage?) to submitting a second request while the first is pending. What do you think?

Message 6 of 21
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@gordoncharles25 wrote:

I really admire how detailed your knowledge of this stuff is.  I'm curious if you have any information or advice applicable to my current, related scenario.

7/2: Requested $5k CLI via website on Card 1. Instant approval. All reports were frozen and inquiry was SP. Prior CLI was only 4.5 months earlier.

7/3: Requested $5k CLI via website on Card 2. Got 7-10 day message. All reports still frozen. Prior CLI was only 4.5 months earlier.

7/4: No change to CL on Card 2 yet. No email update. Since it's a holiday weekend, I assume manual review before Monday is unlikely. Link for "Request a credit line increase" is still present on webpage for Card 2 (not for Card 1).

My gut tells me to just let it be, let them do whatever review is pending and live with their decision on whether/how much to give me on Card 2. But the fact that the CLI link is still showing up the day after I submitted my request surprised me a little and it's making me wonder if there is any advantage (or disadvantage?) to submitting a second request while the first is pending. What do you think?

You still having a hyperlink showing the day after a CLI request is unusual even over a weekend (IME that isn't the case) but that isn't a key point.  It could be tied to yesterday being a celebrated holiday and today both being the actual holiday and on a Saturday.  I'd really be surprised if it were still there on Monday morning.

Regardeless, BoA performs manual reviews during weekday business hours.    Submitting another CLI request this weekend would be counterproductive.

There may be a decision made as soon as late Monday morning EDT but it could take until later in the week.  If you're approved regardless for the full amount or via a counteroffer you will get an email and the updated CL will be visible in your online account within minutes.

At this point I would recommend you just sit tight and let things play out.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 21
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

One thing I neglected to mention - BoA will sometimes grant a CLI request but some or all of it will be scavenged from another BoA card you hold.   If you get a CLI on the 2nd card be sure to check the CL on the 1st one to confirm whether or not they did this.

No worries if they do this, as BoA does in many cases allows for credit limits to be rebalanced across cards within reason with a phone call.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 8 of 21
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Yes, it is possible to obtain 2 CLI at the same time.

CLI interval for eligibility is 91 days from last approval.

For the card that was denied, perhaps you can try again next month?

AZ, are CLIs for BOA SPs?

Potential Future Cards
Message 9 of 21
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

At this point I would recommend you just sit tight and let things play out.

Will do.  Thanks!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.