Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Trasnfer help

tag
CenturionCardholder
New Visitor

Balance Trasnfer help

I currently owe $2,800 on a chase freedom with 0% apr until September 2020. I currently pay about $200 a month towards it and was wondering what is a good credit card option to transfer my balance to.
Fico Jan 2020 731
5 CC accounts
1 charge card
Overall limit $13,800
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Balance Trasnfer help

Are you wanting to transfer now or in 8 months when your 0% ends?
Message 2 of 6
CenturionCardholder
New Visitor

8 months when the intro offer expires. 

Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

What I'd suggest is to check back closer to the period when your current promotion would expire. The reason being, a variety of different BT offers may be available at that point. You may also entertain a Credit Union as an alternative in the event you're currently not a member.

And, welcome to the forums @CenturionCardholder.
Message 4 of 6
CenturionCardholder
New Visitor

Thanks !
Message 5 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CenturionCardholder wrote:
I currently owe $2,800 on a chase freedom with 0% apr until September 2020. I currently pay about $200 a month towards it and was wondering what is a good credit card option to transfer my balance to.
Fico Jan 2020 731
5 CC accounts
1 charge card
Overall limit $13,800

Hi and welcome

As FinStar said, it's too early at the moment--a thousand and one things can happen in 8 months. But in the meantime, a few questions so we can give you additional advice to make sure you're in a great position when you're ready to do a BT. 

FICO 731 doesn't tell us much. What are your 3 FICO scores?

What are the balances on your 5 cards and are they bank cards?

What is your individual and aggregate UT?

What is your AAOA?

How many inqs?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.