Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Approval Odds?

tag
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

PenFed Approval Odds?

Before anyone beats me up, I have decided to wait one year after my last application to apply for a mortgage, but anyway........My Equifax score at the moment is 750 precisely. My utilization across the board is 6% and there are NO baddies (I worked hard on that 😓)! However, I have received a BB&T, Lowe’s, and Rooms 2 Go account this month. Would Penfed be willing to overlook and approve me??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Approval Odds?

I wouldn't think PenFed would be a good fit for you right now since Synchrony undoubtedly reported your new accounts already. 

Message 2 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Did your EQ FICO score change/update from 668 as reported on your separate thread (i.e. collection removal)?

Keep in mind that if your SYNCB accounts that were recently approved are already on your CRs, then it might not bode well. Your NFCU account may take a bit to report, but BB&T is likely trailing at any moment, if not already on CRs.
Message 3 of 8
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

Yes I finally had that pesky collections item removed. Experian is now 743, Transunion is 750, and for some reason Equifax score hasn’t updated yet even though the collections item was removed from it before Experian did it.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax is who PenFed is going to pull so at minimum, wait til that score goes up. 

Message 5 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Penfed pulls EQ.

Even though I think that have “loosened “ up a bit as of lately , they are still some what conservative and the number of new accounts/inquiries may spook them .
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 8
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

The Equifax has gone up to 680 on credit Karma, so it has been my experience that the fico will be about 70-100 points higher than that, but you’re right, I’ll wait.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed, like NFCU, is relationship oriented, when you get your foot in the door with them it is easy to advance fast

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.