cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banks Rebounding From Pandemic for Credit Line Increases?

tag
luckydiva95
New Contributor

Banks Rebounding From Pandemic for Credit Line Increases?

I have recently received Credit Line Increases from Best Buy Visa, Discover, Amazon Prime Chase, and Wells Fargo in the last three months. Is this a sign of recovery from pandemic for Banks or my excellent payment history on all credit reports? I know Chase was due to multiple people receiving increases lately, possibly from rumors of Chase exploring breaking away from the Prime Card.I haven't received an increase from Chase since the card was opened in 2015. I asked for an increase 3 years ago from Chase and it was declined. 

Capital One QS $8,000| Credit one $3,150| Capital One Secured $500| Barclay View $6,250| Amazon Chase $2,700| Discover It $12,100| AMEX Everyday Preferred $15,000| Wells Fargo Active Cash $7,500| AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,900| Apple Card $4,000| Best Buy Visa $5,000| Citi Custom Cash $6,500| Chase Sapphire Preferred $9,500|Chase Unlimited Freedom $9100
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Banks Rebounding From Pandemic for Credit Line Increases?

@luckydiva95 wrote:

I have recently received Credit Line Increases from Best Buy Visa, Discover, Amazon Prime Chase, and Wells Fargo in the last three months. Is this a sign of recovery from pandemic for Banks or my excellent payment history on all credit reports? I know Chase was due to multiple people receiving increases lately, possibly from rumors of Chase exploring breaking away from the Prime Card.I haven't received an increase from Chase since the card was opened in 2015. I asked for an increase 3 years ago from Chase and it was declined. 

Just be careful with CLI's if banks are doing soft pulls then great go for it. But if they want to do a HP to me it is not worth the risk. Chase is very unfriendly to inquries and so are many others. I would do research on this site to be sure that when you ask for a CLI that it is going to be a soft pull.

Thanks

Mark

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the Chase Amazon Prime Visa a HP if you request a CLI?  It's the only card that has never increased my limit of $500 since I got the card years ago. 

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the Chase Amazon Prime Visa a HP if you request a CLI?  It's the only card that has never increased my limit of $500 since I got the card years ago. 

Customer-initiated CLI requests are HP -- any Chase CC.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.