cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banks that *only* Pull Experian? (done research still dead end)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Banks that *only* Pull Experian? (done research still dead end)

Hey guys, I'm in GA. My Experian score is excellent, Equifax and Transunion poor (waiting for negatives to fall off, cc balance to update. No idea when that will conclude).

What are credit cards I can apply for, that 98% of the time ONLY pull experian? The other 2 will remain locked.

I had my eyes on Chase, Capital One, Citi, NFCU .... And they ALL pull something else or a mixture :/  .. (I've already done heavy research in that master thread here that has the grid, on doctor of credit etc).

Tried to join Unify, got declined due to chexsystems issue (tried to get reconsideration done twice, they won't budge).

If you can tell me cut and dry, banks that only play with Experian (location georgia), will be forever greatful!

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Banks that *only* Pull Experian? (done research still dead end)

Amex I believe, but I wouldn't really go this route. Why not just wait until the others fall off?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Running out of $ (spent it all paying off debts, ha). But I think this is sound advice.

I will only do it if I absolutely need to.

I'm also a tad parenoid of the .05% chance one of the old collections I *didn't pay* (but instead disputed) popping up after it was removed 2 years ago ... So waiting is not 10000% risk free.

Thanks for the Amex suggestion by the way.

If anyone else has any others, please share and I will only use if at the end of my rope.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

One thing to consider: even if a bank only HPs EX, there's nothing stopping them from also SPing EQ or TU at the time of application, or a few days/weeks after the fact. You wouldn't even know it unless you pull your full report from annualcreditreport.com after the fact.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 9
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

One thing to consider: even if a bank only HPs EX, there's nothing stopping them from also SPing EQ or TU at the time of application, or a few days/weeks after the fact. You wouldn't even know it unless you pull your full report from annualcreditreport.com after the fact.

^^+1 to this. I'll use AMEX as an example because it was already mentioned. When I applied initially for my first card it was a HP to EX only, but I checked my reports and they had SPd TU at the time of app as well. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 5 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

^^+1 to this. I'll use AMEX as an example because it was already mentioned. When I applied initially for my first card it was a HP to EX only, but I checked my reports and they had SPd TU at the time of app as well. 

I was actually thinking of Chase, who regularly SPs after an approval for a few months, but great DP on Amex.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 9
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

First Bankcard which is FNBO.. they have cards like Scheels MasterCard, Speedway (gas) MasterCard

Message 7 of 9
Flfico
Regular Contributor

There are quite a few lenders that pull Ex. PNC and BBVA come to mind if you're in their footprint but idk if anything is cut and dry in the credit world. Maybe start here. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Ap...

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everybody for all the great help. Really appreciate you guys.

I won't do this unless absolutely neccassary, as: I really want to apply for cards in ORDER: start with chase, the hardest, etc. Then work my way down.

Credit is a crazy game ha. Soon as I apply to amex, credit will take a ding, and then sort of have to restrategize totally.

So yea gonna try to wait on the others to catch up.

Thanks

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.