Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard pre-approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard pre-approval

Hey everyone got a question.

I just checked Barclaycard's prequal site(proactive prescreen is what they call it), and it came back with "Recommended: Barclaycard Arrival Plus MC" and then "Additional Products: Barclaycard Ring".....

My scores are:

EQ: 628

TU: 618

EX: 635

I have 2 CapOne CC and a Kohls CC that are all in good standing and 2 collections accounts left on my file(one of them is a medical account)

Should I trust the preapproval site and app for one or both of those cards based on my score??? Or should I app for one of the other cards to get from them such as the Barclaycard Rewards card?? 

I want to have 3 cards for a better score

UTI is around 50% at the moment, many thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard pre-approval

I think "recommended" on any of these means no real pre-qualified cards.

My question is what kind of card do you think will really make sense for you? Better to start from that, instead of applying to any random card just because you might get approved IMHO.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would prefer a Travel rewards type card, a CapOne Venture or a Chase Southwest Airlines card is what I really want but dont qualify for those to my knowledge right now, so the Arrival card would be the best right now.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are all 3 of your scores? I see you have 614 for something.... Barclays pulls TU pretty exclusively so if your TU score isn't at least around 650 I would say let's hold off on trying to go that route.

The problem with apping when you really can't get approved is that your score gets lowered even more from the inquiry Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What are all 3 of your scores? I see you have 614 for something.... Barclays pulls TU pretty exclusively so if your TU score isn't at least around 650 I would say let's hold off on trying to go that route.

The problem with apping when you really can't get approved is that your score gets lowered even more from the inquiry Smiley Sad

Have the scores listed in the 1st post. 614 is an old score.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

ooh I see, yeah with a 618 TU I would strongly recommend waiting for a bit. Seems that a good approval for the Arrival+ would be had once you're sitting above 670.

What is holding your scores down for now if you don't mind me asking?

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone got a question.

I just checked Barclaycard's prequal site(proactive prescreen is what they call it), and it came back with "Recommended: Barclaycard Arrival Plus MC" and then "Additional Products: Barclaycard Ring".....

My scores are:

EQ: 628

TU: 618

EX: 635

I have 2 CapOne CC and a Kohls CC that are all in good standing and 2 collections accounts left on my file(one of them is a medical account)

Should I trust the preapproval site and app for one or both of those cards based on my score??? Or should I app for one of the other cards to get from them such as the Barclaycard Rewards card?? 

I want to have 3 cards for a better score

UTI is around 50% at the moment, many thanks

I too think you should wait. I had recomendations for a while too until last month i got preselected, even though that still not promising at all i decided to go for it. Got approved for 1k and recone'd the next day to 3k. My TU was pulled around 654

Best of luck.

Message 7 of 14
jim44
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I think "recommended" on any of these means no real pre-qualified cards.

My question is what kind of card do you think will really make sense for you? Better to start from that, instead of applying to any random card just because you might get approved IMHO.

OP, I agree with wanderingbuilder.  I received a Prequal from Barclays for their Rewards card.  I accepted it as I was planning a trip and like the idea of 'rewards".  However their rewards for this card are point based so if you're into gift cards etc then this is a card you may consider.  Beware of the high APR counterproductive to carrying a balance. You're off to a good start... 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The people who get approved for Arrival and Ring have usually been people over 650 normally in 670+ range i seen. Barclay rewards card is easier to get, you need 1 year of payment history with cap 1 tho. But your scores were close to mine to get approved

Message 9 of 14
juniornj23
Established Contributor

It has to say congratulations bla, bla, bla. That is a pre approve but you can app anyway, if you credit file is good go for it
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.