tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays US Airways Denied!

@enharu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@enharu wrote:

sent you a PM.

Worst case scenario you get an analyst that b*tches at you for 3-5mins.

Went through this 3 times before getting approved for SallieMae. Smiley Happy

Ended up getting a pre-approved CLI and an extra spend bonus the day after activating the card!

so you got a CLI with no HP by barclays? They gave me auto CLIs before but whenever I asked for one, it was strictly HP only.

Their analysts are not the friendliest people to talk to, but they are not rude or offensive in any way.

Nope! No HP. I asked the rep 3 times.

If I see an HP, I'll call back and raise hell.

Message 11 of 40
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I might have app'd too soon from US Air card #1. Since I've only had it 6 months im hoping their system flagged me. I should have tried Miles and More card instead. When i update my pulls later I guess I'll have my answer.
Message 12 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

When's the deadline for the u.s airways card? is it december 1st?

Message 13 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought January 1st

Unless TU does me a solid and grants my early deletion though I don't stand a chance seeing as I had to recon Sallie Mae 4 times to get approved.

Message 14 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought January 1st

Unless TU does me a solid and grants my early deletion though I don't stand a chance seeing as I had to recon Sallie Mae 4 times to get approved.

I kinda want the card for the sign up bonus, but seeing how I got arrival in late september, I'm not sure if that's enough time for me to show barclay "good payment history", eh.... maybe I'll try it in late december and see how it goes.

Message 15 of 40
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought January 1st

I kinda want the card for the sign up bonus, but seeing how I got arrival in late september, I'm not sure if that's enough time for me to show barclay "good payment history", eh.... maybe I'll try it in late december and see how it goes.

Is the Arrival your only Barclay card?

Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skigirl916 wrote:

yup, it's the only barclay card I have, I had rewards card, but had to give that up for arrival.

Message 17 of 40
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

yup, it's the only barclay card I have, I had rewards card, but had to give that up for arrival.

I got Rewards in late July, and when I app'd for Arrival+ in early October, I got the 7-10 message. Immediately called in, and the analyst referenced my "great account and payment history" with my Rewards card, which kinda made me chuckle, as I'd only had 3 statements at that point.  So, I don't think you have to wait much longer.

Message 18 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skigirl916 wrote:

I got Rewards in late July, and when I app'd for Arrival+ in early October, I got the 7-10 message. Immediately called in, and the analyst referenced my "great account and payment history" with my Rewards card, which kinda made me chuckle, as I'd only had 3 statements at that point.  So, I don't think you have to wait much longer.

I only got first statement so far, so I guess I should wait at least I got 3rd statement then.

Message 19 of 40
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I just updated my reports and no hard pull. I'm guessing the system flagged me as an existing cardholder. I might go for Lufthansa card now.

If you don't already have a US Airways card now is a good time to get one. They seem to be eager to get more cardholders especially since they'll be competing with Citi for AAdvantage members.
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.