Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays prequal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays prequal

Gives me arrival+ and ring. Sallie mae, the one I want… that's a cobranded so its not going to show. I paid off my Barclays accounts once again.  Not going to app until I clear off my Citi negatives. 

Is barclays prequal like bofa where Donald Duck gets approved? 

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclays prequal

Thus far it seems to be. Some have recently tried and it appears they haven't worked out the bugs with the link or at least doesn't seem to be optimized yet.
Message 2 of 57
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I guess I am a little confused. I have several Barclay accts but was not aware that they currently have a pre-qual site? They used to and they still do on their UK page but I was not aware of one here in the US. Can you pls send me the link?

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 3 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morgacj2004 wrote:

I guess I am a little confused. I have several Barclay accts but was not aware that they currently have a pre-qual site? They used to and they still do on their UK page but I was not aware of one here in the US. Can you pls send me the link?

They just brought it back within the last few days. It doesn't appear to be actually working yet, though.

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/ProactivePrescreenLanding.action

Message 4 of 57
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Seems to be just like BofA. I ran my info and it came back recc the Arrival and Ring card. Then I ran Donald  Duck info and it came back with the exact same recc! No specific card recc just a range of several cards. No APR listed.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 5 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morgacj2004 wrote:

Seems to be just like BofA. I ran my info and it came back recc the Arrival and Ring card. Then I ran Donald  Duck info and it came back with the exact same recc! No specific card recc just a range of several cards. No APR listed.

on the other prequal thread, someone got a congrats by putting in their middle initial.try checking your TU report and matching name/address exactly

Message 6 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Iputin my middle initial and it looked the same to me. However I have gone with and without, i have several spellings on both TU and equifax.

Id rather have a sallie mae than a ring, I know its weird. I need to wait for some more history on my NFL card. I have tried reconning and thats what they said. 

I hope others see this new link and give it a shot, so i dont have to with my 11 inquiries ( i got 2 taken off, synchrony delivered!)

Message 7 of 57
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I tried the prequal with my actual info, both with and without my middle initial and I still only got "recommendations" for the Arrival+ and Rewards (which I already have).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@morgacj2004 wrote:

on the other prequal thread, someone got a congrats by putting in their middle initial.try checking your TU report and matching name/address exactly

I tried with and without middle initial but it kept coming back too quickly with only recommendations. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe we can get these threads merged? Or may be better to have them in two places?

Anyway I had to lower my score from good to average to get the arrival plus at 15.99% to show up.

Tempting to app for that and the sallie mae.... but I am going to pass. Next year apping for ring and sallie mae.

Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.