Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Visa CLI question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy Visa CLI question

Hello All, just a question. I applied for CLI yesterday noon and after I hit the submit button it said that I'll get a reply on my email within 2-4 hrs but since then I have not received any decision Smiley Sad. The only email I got was the confirmation that I applied for CLI and will get a response within 2-4 hrs. I called this am their customer service and they said that my request is on the system but it there was no decision yet of either approved or denied and no hard pull so far from my credit report. The CS asked me if I can do it over phone and submit it but I'm hesitant in doing it again since I just submitted one yesterday, I told CS I may get double pulled if I do it again Smiley Sad. CS said she's not sure why their system has not processed my CLI yet Smiley Sad. Anyone have Experience like mine? I wanted to go ahead and do the CLI again over phone but I decided to wait till tomorrow to see if my online request will go through. Should I apply again or wait? Smiley Sad thanks.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy Visa CLI question

I would wait and see how it goes.. I got same email and next day saw it on my acct.,, but I didn't call or anything...I guess if it didn't happen in said time I would do something about it..

*edit

they are bad about doing the CLI's and not sending and email to let you know it's been done,so I can't say when mine was actually done,,that's just when I checked the acct. again...

They usually are pretty quick though..... Maybe if nothing today check them tomorrow,,just sorta iffy cuz don't want for ya to get 2 HP's..Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@9CLINE wrote:

I would wait and see how it goes.. I got same email and next day saw it on my acct.,, but I didn't call or anything...I guess if it didn't happen in said time I would do something about it..

*edit

they are bad about doing the CLI's and not sending and email to let you know it's been done,so I can't say when mine was actually done,,that's just when I checked the acct. again...

They usually are pretty quick though..... Maybe if nothing today check them tomorrow,,just sorta iffy cuz don't want for ya to get 2 HP's..Smiley Sad

Thank you. I'll wait till tomorrow. Just so confusing coz I just got the confirmation email and nothing after that. And it says 2-4 hrs an that was yesterday noon Smiley Sad. Hope I'll see a change on my account soon coz it's been sitting $300 for 2 years and no CLI Smiley Sad. I wonder if they have weekend staff to work on my app. 

Message 3 of 24
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

IIRC I did mine on weekend not sure though,,, was hoping more peeps would chime in though.. my credit had improved tremendously since I'd first got mine 2 ,,funny thing they gave me auto cli of 1,500 about a week b4 I did a Hp 1 for 5k I only wanted 10k limit so I'm good...I don't know if they counter or not,,but if income and scores support it seems like they approve it....I've had no problem w/ BBY or HD except stingy auto luv..lol

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@9CLINE wrote:
IIRC I did mine on weekend not sure though,,, was hoping more peeps would chime in though.. my credit had improved tremendously since I'd first got mine 2 ,,funny thing they gave me auto cli of 1,500 about a week b4 I did a Hp 1 for 5k I only wanted 10k limit so I'm good...I don't know if they counter or not,,but if income and scores support it seems like they approve it....I've had no problem w/ BBY or HD except stingy auto luv..lol

Thank you Smiley Happy. Darn... I asked for too much CLI from $300 to $20,000, hoping they will counter back Smiley Sad... probablt that's why I did not hear from them since yesterday Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 24
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@9CLINE wrote:

Thank you Smiley Happy. Darn... I asked for too much CLI from $300 to $20,000, hoping they will counter back Smiley Sad... probablt that's why I did not hear from them since yesterday Smiley Sad

You are giving them too much credit they could careless how much you ask for. The whole decision process takes about 3 mins. As stated they are just slow about sending responses vsimply send a secured message from the app that you did not get a response from your request for cli yesterday. They will reply back then. If they do it on the phone it will be another hp for sure. As they already did it. Then is not instant in most cases on the credit monitoring sites. But possible to see on credit karma many times. I've dealt with citi enough to know it's just poor customer service. Example. Earlier n the year. I unfroze my ex. Asked for cli on my citi double cash band my best MasterCard at the time. Before it changed to a visa. Denied on the doublecash. They told me on Best Buy that my report was still frozen. I told them that is bs. As citi just pulled it 5 mins ago. Finally after not accepting no. They pulled transunion and gave me my increase instantly.  I did it get we,ail from them that it was requested until three days later. So send a secure message and tell them you want a answer to your request. 

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@9CLINE wrote:

You are giving them too much credit they could careless how much you ask for. The whole decision process takes about 3 mins. As stated they are just slow about sending responses vsimply send a secured message from the app that you did not get a response from your request for cli yesterday. They will reply back then. If they do it on the phone it will be another hp for sure. As they already did it. Then is not instant in most cases on the credit monitoring sites. But possible to see on credit karma many times. I've dealt with citi enough to know it's just poor customer service. Example. Earlier n the year. I unfroze my ex. Asked for cli on my citi double cash band my best MasterCard at the time. Before it changed to a visa. Denied on the doublecash. They told me on Best Buy that my report was still frozen. I told them that is bs. As citi just pulled it 5 mins ago. Finally after not accepting no. They pulled transunion and gave me my increase instantly.  I did it get we,ail from them that it was requested until three days later. So send a secure message and tell them you want a answer to your request. 

Thank you for sharing. I'll just wait till Monday and I will call them again if I don't hear anything.

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, same thing happened to me, only I requested 12,000.
My current limit is 2,000.
I got the same confirmation 2-4 hours and nothing, I hopped online and did the chat with the representative, she wasn't the smartest saying "You will receive a response in the mail 7-10 days" she didn't even ask for my information or anything.
And I simply replied with "No, I'm suppose to receive a response 2-4 hours according to the messaged received" and then she told me to just call credit services.

So as of now Sunday, nothing yet.
I think MAYBE, because I did it on the weekend, but I work for Best Buy, I KNOW they are open late hours, even at work I call them on the weekends for customers.

I was hoping to get them to match at least my amazon so I can do my shopping in store, if not. I'll do amazon.
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you All for the input ..... But I got finally the decision last night but NO GO! Smiley Sad. I sent a secured message on the website account and received within a few hours and was DENIED Smiley Sad. They said they cannot give me the details on email of the denial but I will received a letter in 7-10 days. Can I Recon this denial with Best Buy? What is teh Best number to call to Recon for my request for CLI? Thanks.

Message 9 of 24
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about denial but which BBY do you have,, talk on forum that some don't grow@ all.. theres some info on here about the diff. tiers of BBYcards,, back in the day I had a $300 when scores where in 500 range that never did anything and found out some never grew,, so I closed that one,,, long time ago and opened new one about 2yrs back got $3,500 starting limit w/ I think EQ ~ 720-30 @approval I remember having a choice of store or MC and I took store card,cause that's all I wanted it for. My scores have improved and CL is now 10,000 w/Hp of course.....

*edit

Don't know about reconning would be nice to know ....but please keep us posted for others to learn from

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.