Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA CLI?

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

BoA CLI?

I just opened my BoA Travel Rewards card about a month and a half ago. And while I should be gardening, the Request Credit Increase "button" is showing up already. Does that indicate that they want me to click it? I am still getting prequalified for the other 2 cards that are available to me. I don't want to open another card, but I'd gladly take a CLI. Does anyone have any input on this?

Thanks!

EDIT: They are by far my largest credit line, but I'm also Platinum Honors Plus (or whatever) with them--significant beneficiary IRA with ML.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: BoA CLI?

I am not sure, it generally only comes up if they think you are eligible.  On my BankAmericard I opened it in November with a $12k SL, button came up in February asked for $25k and got $21,600 ($9,600 CLI).  Early this month, it came back.  Asked for $50k and got $34,600 ($13,000 CLI).  More info here.  From other data points here, I'd probably suggest waiting 3 months, others will likely suggest 6.

Message 2 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I went back and looked at my reports. My CLIs with BofA averaged around 90 to 120 days apart. It is possible to get CLIs much earlier than the 6 months intervals.
They sure are a giving bank! Lol
Message 3 of 21
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

I got a 7-10 message to take it from $3,700 to $7,400.... is that a good or bad thing?

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 4 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@cmm89 wrote:

I got a 7-10 message to take it from $3,700 to $7,400.... is that a good or bad thing?

7-10 is either a denial or a review. They'll have someone look at it and make the decision..unlike an automatic increase. 

Message 5 of 21
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

The message said review. We'll see. Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yeah AJC got the same message last year...it worked out for him.

Message 7 of 21
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Every time the "request CLI" message has come up on my cards (Red Cash Card & Blue Travel Card) I've got a nice bump. On the Travel card I started at $15k and after 3 months when the message showed up I "requested" $25k which was granted. Can't say as far as the "review" since I never got that message, but I will say BoA gives nice increases if the like you. 

Message 8 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah keep checking your account. On one of my attempts, got that message and i believe next day i logged in and it was approvedSmiley Happy. Did you request 7400?
Message 9 of 21
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I requested $7,400 as the credit line. They want your TCL for the card in there, right? Not just the increase? Or else I just asked to triple my CL!!

Thanks all for the positive vibes; the message did specifically say "For review" somewhere in there. I'll be sure to keep an eye out on the card. Fortunately, TU FICO 8 is my highest score at 667... I'm hoping that big ML account helps with their decision. I love BoA either way!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.