Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA CLI?

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: BoA CLI?

Sometimes the button does pop up too early due to a glitch. If you do not get a TU alert for a new HP today, it's not being reviewed and you'll just get a letter in a few days telling you that you need to wait. No clock reset, just try again 90 days after the account has been opened. No harm no foul. But you may want to reconsider what you ask for, and yes you are requesting a total credit line not just the increase. If you get the $7400 you may regret not asking them for more.
Message 11 of 21
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

CCT (just canceled it, started with MyFICO), MyFICO and CK are not reporting an inquiry yet. It usually takes a day or so to pop up. I'll let you guys know. I'm sure if there's no HP then they will deny, which I'm totally OK with. If they HP and deny, then I'll be very sad Smiley Sad

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 12 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What K said is good, when requesting cl, ask a little more than normal. You never know and they can counter. Ive actually been spared a hp or 2 apping for a second card with them being i guess it was always close to my cli request. At least Boa does thatSmiley Wink
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my BoA Cashrewards for 5 months and today I saw the credit line increase button shows up. I enter the information and click submitted. I requested for $2,500 credit line and I received a 7-10 days message and possibly 30 days for further review etc. This is my first time requesting CLI with BoA and I dont know whats the process is and

why does it takes time for review to get a credit line increase request? I dont get it. Can anyone give me some experience with BoA CLI request.

Message 14 of 21
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I saw that button today.... SL was $2500

BoA AAA limit increase.png

Message 15 of 21
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

When did you open your account?

I'm showing no inquiries across MyFICO, CCT, CK, etc..... no HP. Probably an immediate decline, but no HP so I'll take it. I've only had the account open for a month or so.

Just gotta garden!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 16 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

If it's only been 45 days. I'd assume it's just too early. Give it atleast 90 days before requesting a CLI.
Message 17 of 21
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@cmm89 wrote:

When did you open your account?

I'm showing no inquiries across MyFICO, CCT, CK, etc..... no HP. Probably an immediate decline, but no HP so I'll take it. I've only had the account open for a month or so.

Just gotta garden!

I opened that one around March 20th, so 90 days ago. TU is 695 according to BoA's free score provider. UTI was around 32% across the board with some cards at zero, some a little higher. It was a HP on TU, confirmed within minutes on CK. Also, I have been giving this card a lot of use lately while I'm working in the Bay Area.Charged it up to about $1800, pay $1000, charge a little more, pay another $600, etc. The balance is $1058 on it when approved. Paid $400 cash payment in a branch 2 days ago.

Message 18 of 21
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Update.....

I saw the letter they sent and they used the CR from when the account was opened. I figured, the button is still there and they auto-pulled an old report. Submitted for $10K today... BOOM! Only 35ish days since the account was opened...

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 7.07.33 PM.png

EDIT: And just like that... by FAR my largest limit and my first CC ever with a 5-figure limit-- $3,700 to $10,000.

Message 19 of 21
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Nice CLI - gotta love BoA, when they like you it shows Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.