Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Cash Rewards CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Cash Rewards CLI

I've had the BOA cash rewards card for nearly 5 years.  I got a CLI from $2,500 to $5,000 about 6 months ago but I figured I'd try again.  I was denied.  The reason noted in the letter I received stated: "there have been too many new accounts opened recently".  My newest account is a NFCU card which is almost4 months old.  Does anyone have any experience with BOA who can qualify what "too many" & "recently" means in this context?  It is a soft pull, but I don't want to ask again if I'm going to get an automatic decline. 

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BoA Cash Rewards CLI

I don't have any defined data.

Maybe wait until that account is 6 months old and try again?
Message 2 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

How many new accounts have been opened in the past 6-12 months OP? 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 new card accounts in the past 12 months. FICO is at 715, and aggregate utilization is at 18%. 

Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

BoA can be quirky with either inquiries and/or new accounts, especially in the past 6 months.  No set number to go by as it's all profile-dependent. 

I'd suggest letting some time do its thing and try again.  The upside of these CLI requests, they're SP. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.