Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco CLI jail...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco CLI jail...

Wondering who is there with me. My last CLI was 5/2019 on my Discover It which took it from $11,200 to $12,700. I got a Miles 9/2019 with a $3K limit. Disco has declined CLIs on both cards every time I asked. Saw a bunch of decent CLIs in approvals and I figured since my TU is now 780 I would try again. Both cards denied.

I ask somewhere between once a month and every other month. 

It's possible that they don't like the fact I'm carrying balances right now on a few cards but $3K reporting (which is actually around $2.3K that hasn't updated yet) really isn't much so I don't think that's it. 

I dunno. Not really feeling the Disco love right now. I had BT offers every month on my IT until this month too. Now nada. 

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Disco CLI jail...

I seem to be in the Discover bucket jail. Card started as a low limit $500 card and it has slowly increased to its current $2,300 limit. I took advantage of a 0% BT recently, which will hopefully push them along, but I guess we'll see. I seem to be on a 4 month CLI train otherwise.

Message 2 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, my card was opened April 2019 with $9500 limit.... it took 6 months to get a CLI and that was $1000. Then in November, I asked for a 2nd CLI and got an additional $1000. I really think though that the additional $1000 I got in November was money left on the table and I would've gotten it had I called in for a DD. 

Denied in December, Denied in January.  But, I'm going to do a CLI right now just for sh*ts and giggles then I'll post back here.

Message 3 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KLEXH25 wrote:

I seem to be in the Discover bucket jail. Card started as a low limit $500 card and it has slowly increased to its current $2,300 limit. I took advantage of a 0% BT recently, which will hopefully push them along, but I guess we'll see. I seem to be on a 4 month CLI train otherwise.

I do hear people say that BTs are a great way to trigger growth with them so I look forward to hearing about your CLI success soon. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, as I suspected.... I was denied. So, I'll be awaiting my insufficient experience with the current credit limit letter in the mail next week.

I don't know... I think they have me on a 6 month cycle. whatever.

Message 5 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, my card was opened April 2019 with $9500 limit.... it took 6 months to get a CLI and that was $1000. Then in November, I asked for a 2nd CLI and got an additional $1000. I really think though that the additional $1000 I got in November was money left on the table and I would've gotten it had I called in for a DD. 

Denied in December, Denied in January.  But, I'm going to do a CLI right now just for sh*ts and giggles then I'll post back here.

My IT started at $7,500 3/2018, asked for my first CLI 12/2018 and got a boost to $10,500 then they bumped me again 1/2019 to $11,200 and declined me until 5/2019 when I got my last one to $12,700. 

I have never had the courage to call and ask for the DD though. 

I really shouldn't complain about my current limits since they're way more than I need but it's hard to sit around when everyone else is getting CLIs and get told no 😂 

Message 6 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

DurationOpens modal dialogTransfer FeeOpens modal dialog

Offer APR0% Offer APR3.99%
Duration9 mo.monthDuration15 mo.month
Transfer Fee4%Transfer Fee4%

Standard variable APR* after promo ends 2249% Respond by 02/18/20

$753 Estimated Savings

(Over 9 Months)

Interest you would’ve paid (17.37% APR)

$1,100

Interest with Discover (0%)

minus$0

Transfer fee (4%)

minus$347

equal to$753

Minimum monthly payment with this offer: $236

Respond by 02/18/20

$1,058 Estimated Savings
Message 7 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, as I suspected.... I was denied. So, I'll be awaiting my insufficient experience with the current credit limit letter in the mail next week.

I don't know... I think they have me on a 6 month cycle. whatever.

Well I'm sorry you were denied but thanks for the DPs. 

I guess I'll just try when everything is back to PIF and see what happens. 

Message 8 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

DurationOpens modal dialogTransfer FeeOpens modal dialog

Offer APR0% Offer APR3.99%
Duration9 mo.monthDuration15 mo.month
Transfer Fee4%Transfer Fee4%

$753 Estimated Savings

(Over 9 Months)

Interest you would’ve paid (17.37% APR)

$1,100

Interest with Discover (0%)

minus$0

Transfer fee (4%)

minus$347

equal to$753

Minimum monthly payment with this offer: $236

Respond by 02/18/20

$1,058 Estimated Savings

That fee is slowly inching up to the new 5%. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stuck on Disco It since like June, and Miles hasn't budged since I got it either. Insufficient experience, they say. 

Message 10 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.