Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA SP CLI Link Not Appearing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA SP CLI Link Not Appearing?

its very strange, last time i had it was end of march right when the pandemic started. i tried to get a CLI on my 20k cash rewards and was denied... theni waited 3 months... 4 months 5 , 6  it never came back...

and now they sent me a special offer for the travel rewards( i have an savings and checking account with them with prefered rewards)

my plan is to take the offer and get the 20k limit merged with the new card limit.

and close the cash rewards( because it started as a secured card they charge 39dollars anual fee)

and then after some time get the free cas rewards with $150 bonus

does this make sense?

Message 11 of 52
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous  When is your annual $39 fee due? It is my understanding that once it post, call into CSR and ask if you are eligible for permanent fee waiver. Thus, you can keep the account without  worrying about annual fee.

Message 12 of 52
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous  When is your annual $39 fee due? It is my understanding that once it post, call into CSR and ask if you are eligible for permanent fee waiver. Thus, you can keep the account without  worrying about annual fee.

Excellent advice @AllZero Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 52
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

its very strange, last time i had it was end of march right when the pandemic started. i tried to get a CLI on my 20k cash rewards and was denied... theni waited 3 months... 4 months 5 , 6  it never came back...

and now they sent me a special offer for the travel rewards( i have an savings and checking account with them with prefered rewards)

my plan is to take the offer and get the 20k limit merged with the new card limit.

and close the cash rewards( because it started as a secured card they charge 39dollars anual fee)

and then after some time get the free cas rewards with $150 bonus

does this make sense?

BTW, the special offer on your online portal are relatively solid if your credit profile has not dramatically changed since their SP review.

Message 14 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help guys but i called them several times and they always say that card started as a secured cash rewards so it will always have the AF forever... they dont remove it...

i had a special offer like i am having now for the travel rewards in last march but what i really wanted was the cash rewards without the AF so i applied for it thinking that would also be aprovved, and was denied....

was it because i cant have 2 of the same cards?

the only way to solve this seems to be get the cash rewards, close the $39 per year cash rewards and then get the normal free cash rewards

Message 15 of 52
zerofire
Valued Contributor

I can assure you that it is possible to have multiple Bank of America Cash Rewards cards. I myself have two. Most likely you might not have the profile strength to hold multiple especially right now in the middle of a pandemic. You might want to hold off and wait till you have a higher credit score and better things reported.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 16 of 52
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the help guys but i called them several times and they always say that card started as a secured cash rewards so it will always have the AF forever... they dont remove it...

i had a special offer like i am having now for the travel rewards in last march but what i really wanted was the cash rewards without the AF so i applied for it thinking that would also be aprovved, and was denied....

was it because i cant have 2 of the same cards?

the only way to solve this seems to be get the cash rewards, close the $39 per year cash rewards and then get the normal free cash rewards

You can have two of the same cards as data points show on myFICO.

You can also product change a card if eligible.

I don't know what BoA current 2020 policies are in regards to fee waiver and removal. From data points here on myFICO, it is possible to get it removed. YEMV Your Experience May Vary. Possibly, it could be a HUCA Hang Up Call Again situations to find a CSR that is knowledgeable on the fee waiver. As mentioned, you may have to wait until the annual fee just posted.

Current SUB Sign up Bonuses are $200 for cash rewards, $250 for Travel Rewards. You may even be eligible for $500 Premier Rewards if you meet the requirements.

Message 17 of 52
ccquest
Established Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

BTW, the special offer on your online portal are relatively solid if your credit profile has not dramatically changed since their SP review.

Do you know if the SP review is the same as when the TU FICO score is updated or is it something separate?

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 18 of 52
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@ccquest wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Do you know if the SP review is the same as when the TU FICO score is updated or is it something separate?

I do not know. Maybe it's different?

I know BoA periodically SP my Experian. That's the bureau they will HP me on for new application. It may vary by region.

Message 19 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CLI button finally appeard on my KLM card last Month, though I have no intention of hitting it. Current CL is just fine for my needs.

@AllZero wrote:

You can also product change a card if eligible.

Any card, even cobranded ones?

Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.