Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI time with multiple cards

tag
Eyepinpools
Regular Contributor

BofA CLI time with multiple cards

Hey all,

I have three cards with BofA and I was wondering if anyone knew if the 3-6mo wait time on CLIs is independent for each card or if I can only do one card CLI in that time period. 

thank you 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA CLI time with multiple cards

It is independent to each card.....they all have their own individual life, even if you happened to be approved for all cards all on the same day. Just be mindful....seeking CLI's on multiple cards with the same lender at the same time might raise some flags. I would be wary and spread them out a bit just to be safe. (personal opinion)

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 2 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Eyepinpools wrote:

Hey all,

I have three cards with BofA and I was wondering if anyone knew if the 3-6mo wait time on CLIs is independent for each card or if I can only do one card CLI in that time period. 

thank you 

The assessments of eligibility for each card is independent of all the others.  The one caveat here is you need to consider your approach as the aggragate amount of credit limit they are willing to extend to you is relevant.  Depending upon how much you ask for you could end up with getting a CLI on your first card and denied for the other(s) so you would need to circle back later an have them manually reallocate limits across the cards more to your liking.

I've received instant approvals for a CLI on 2 different cards on the same day, so it is possible.

If you don't get everything you wanted on your first request don't bother continuing.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 17
WenW
New Contributor

@Eyepinpools Did BOA do HP or SP for you CLI request?
I have the request link live but want to know what I am getting myself into. Open to others responses as well. Thanks!

Message 4 of 17
Eyepinpools
Regular Contributor

@WenW wrote:

@Eyepinpools Did BOA do HP or SP for you CLI request?
I have the request link live but want to know what I am getting myself into. Open to others responses as well. Thanks!

I've only done one CLI with them and it was SP. The luv button wasn't available even though I had the account for over a year so I called in. Got instant approval from $2.4K to 7k (bankamericard that originated as a $400 secured in 2019).  From what I've read on here since it sounds like I should have shot higher and taken their counter offer. 

Currently I have 3x cards with them each with a 7k CL. I'm getting ready to ask for my first CLI on my cash rewards card (6mo since opening). I have a TU8 780, 1% Util, 160k income, AAoA 3.5y, 3/12 accounts, 0 derog 118months of ontime payments. 

Any suggestions on what to ask for. I was thinking about asking for 35k and letting them counter. Is that crazy?

Is there any benefit to transferring money into my checking account with them prior to requesting the CLI?

thanks again 

Message 5 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

BoA CLI requests have been soft pulls for hmm, must be 3 years now.   They'll still warn you that it might be a hard pull but you'd be the 1st person to report one here from them for a CLI request in quite a while.

I don't know if I would ask for a 5X CLI if I was calling in to make a CLI request but no real harm in being fairly aggressive.

It wouldn't hurt to put money into your checking account but I don't know if it would help much either.  IMO that level of goodwill mostly comes just from having an account and you'd have to be at or at least near qualifying for Preferred Rewards status to reach the next level.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 17
Eyepinpools
Regular Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

BoA CLI requests have been soft pulls for hmm, must be 3 years now.   They'll still warn you that it might be a hard pull but you'd be the 1st person to report one here from them for a CLI request in quite a while.

I don't know if I would ask for a 5X CLI if I was calling in to make a CLI request but no real harm in being fairly aggressive.

It wouldn't hurt to put money into your checking account but I don't know if it would help much either.  IMO that level of goodwill mostly comes just from having an account and you'd have to be at or at least near qualifying for Preferred Rewards status to reach the next level.

What qualifies you for preferred rewards status? 

Message 7 of 17
Eyepinpools
Regular Contributor

Never mind I looked it up. Im going to transfer some money and see if gold tier gets me any more CLI in a few months. Anyone have DPs on this?

Message 8 of 17
Eyepinpools
Regular Contributor

Waiting on BofA CLI decision, is that a no?

I did my first CLI request on my BofA TR that opened with a 7k CL in early 2/21.  I'm waiting for my deposit to clear and to achieve gold tier with them to CLI my CR card in a few months.  I have never had the luv button on any of my BOA accounts so I called in. 

I have two other cards with them a 7k CL CR opened 1/21 and a bankamericard that I CLI'd in March or may to $7k (exactly what I requested and approved immediately) from 2400 that I opened in 3/19. 

Current TU8 763 with 1% Total util. 160k reported income. I shot for the moon and requested an increase to 30k on the card figuring they would counter. The rep said I would hear back in 7-10 days which I'm assuming is a soft NOPE. 

If they had a counter offer would I have heard it on the phone or is still possible that I will receive a CLI? Thanks 

Message 9 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Waiting on BofA CLI decision, is that a no?

If any counter offers are made, those can still take some time if an instant decision could not be made.  If your limit does not change in about ~72 hours (give or take), then the request was likely not approved.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.