Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Premium Rewards decline

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA Premium Rewards decline

Just thought I would share my experience since this board has been a great help to me.  I just applied for the Premium Rewards card and was denied with a 803 Experian, 2% utilization, no negatives, 90k income, and about 20 years of banking history with them (including an Merrill account).  I thought I would be a slam dunk, but I guess this card is as hard to get as they have said.  Oh well, I didn't need it any way.  

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Premium Rewards decline

Sorry that the application didn't go in your favor.  What were the reasons given for the denial?

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the PR denied club!

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe it said that I will get a letter.  I post an update when I get it.

Message 4 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for DP.. Yes a very hard card to get indeed.  Have alot of new accounts in the last few years?  Solid score, good overall income and a long relationship with them.

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 new in past 12 months, but I am about 6/24, which might be part of it.  

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, you'll get the adverse action notice in a few days; I assumed you had already received it.  Scrolling through your posting history I noticed you mentioned one or two charge offs with BofA a few years ago; do these still appear on your credit report?  And even if they don't, BofA will have their internal records so I'm wondering if that could have played a part in the denial.

Message 7 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, you'll get the adverse action notice in a few days; I assumed you had already received it.  Scrolling through your posting history I noticed you mentioned one or two charge offs with BofA a few years ago; do these still appear on your credit report?  And even if they don't, BofA will have their internal records so I'm wondering if that could have played a part in the denial.

interesting catch.. be interested if this is the case or the 6/24...  guessing the bad prior relationship as browsed his posts just now since you mentioned it and betting that is it.  Please keep us informed though when the AA letter comes of reason/reasons.  thanks

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid them off in full about 3 years ago and they no longer report, but BofA could still have memory of it.

Message 9 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid them off in full about 3 years ago and they no longer report, but BofA could still have memory of it.

Oh they certainly have an internal DB of these accounts even if not on report.  Still be curious if that is the main reason

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.