cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Travel Rewards - How do I get an increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA Travel Rewards - How do I get an increase?

Hello everyone,

I'm gardening and trying to get cli w/ sp to my reports on all my cards. I've had this card for about 3 mos and am wondering what time of behavior will warrant an auto cli. Or when should I ask for a cli? I do not bank with B of A and have no intentions on banking with them in the future. 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: BofA Travel Rewards - How do I get an increase?

A link will pop up on your cards interface under "Card Details" on the BoA website. This means you are eligible to attempt an CLI. It's not a "gimme" but it means enough time has passed that you can ask for it. When you fill in the info on the request page, aim for the stars as BoA will counter back with what they are willing to give you. I just put $100K and they always come back with their number and a "Congrats" screen, or they will tell you essentially "not at this time". These requests are a SP on TU.

BoA CLI link.png

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect! I haven't noticed that on my screen yet so I'll be on the lookout for it! Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 24
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

prepare to sacrifice at least a kidney. just kidding. just wait about 90 days. i dont see any other BOA cards in your profile so the following doesnt apply but in my case i closed down another boa card and transferred the limit (1k) to my Travel Reward. Rookie mistake because it basically reset my CLI clock. i should have just hit the CLI button on the Travel Rewards card and forget about the 1k limit on the starter BOA card. i'm sure they would have given me more than a 1k increase. 

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp wrote:

A link will pop up on your cards interface under "Card Details" on the BoA website. This means you are eligible to attempt an CLI. It's not a "gimme" but it means enough time has passed that you can ask for it. When you fill in the info on the request page, aim for the stars as BoA will counter back with what they are willing to give you. I just put $100K and they always come back with their number and a "Congrats" screen, or they will tell you essentially "not at this time". These requests are a SP on TU.

BoA CLI link.png

Great tip. My BoA cash rewards card has a 35.8k limit. Haven't had an increase in over 10 years. Thought I'd try it and shoot for 50K, and it was approved. 

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's a new account or hasn't been 60-90 days since the last request it won't show up... bookmark it and you'll always be able to try.

https://secure.bankofamerica.com/myaccounts/brain/redirect.go?target=requestCreditLineIncrease

Time between successful CLI's needs ot be 90-91 days for it to get approved though but, since it's a SP now since 5/2018 it's harmless for the most part... unless you get flagged for hitting too often.

EDIT.... I suppose this would work better....

image.png

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure that by putting some decent spend on it, it will not hurt your chances of a CLI. YMMV of course, but only putting $100 a month on it probably isn't going to net more that $1K increase.

Howerver, I don't know much about BoA spend versus CLI. 

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sure that by putting some decent spend on it, it will not hurt your chances of a CLI. YMMV of course, but only putting $100 a month on it probably isn't going to net more that $1K increase.

Howerver, I don't know much about BoA spend versus CLI. 

That's about the amount I was running through it and my CLI's averaged 12K-18K/ea

Message 8 of 24
TSlop
Valued Contributor

I've had the CLI button for years (I've never asked for a CLI yet on any card). I'm thinking about clicking the button now and requesting $50k. Are you guys sure it is a soft pull? The text reads:

"To request an increased line of credit, complete the form and click "Submit" button.

By clicking the "Submit" button, you authorize us to obtain a copy of your credit report and review your credit and employment histories and any other information that allows us to process your request, service your account and manage our relationship with you. Upon request, we will inform you of the name and address of any consumer reporting agency that provided reports to us.

You also understand that if you have existing credit card accounts with Bank of America, we may utilize the available credit on the existing account(s) to approve your new credit request which could include moving credit from an account with a lower annual percentage rate and/or fee structure to a higher annual rate and/or fee structure without increasing your overall credit limit.

Bank of America, like all financial institutions, is required by Federal law to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each customer making a credit request. When requesting a credit line increase from us we will ask you for your name, address and other information to confirm your identity."

Will the "obtain a copy of your credit report" result in an HP or SP? Also, on a side note, can I enter my spouse income combined or just my own?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TSlop wrote:

I've had the CLI button for years (I've never asked for a CLI yet on any card). I'm thinking about clicking the button now and requesting $50k. Are you guys sure it is a soft pull? The text reads:

"To request an increased line of credit, complete the form and click "Submit" button.

By clicking the "Submit" button, you authorize us to obtain a copy of your credit report and review your credit and employment histories and any other information that allows us to process your request, service your account and manage our relationship with you. Upon request, we will inform you of the name and address of any consumer reporting agency that provided reports to us.

You also understand that if you have existing credit card accounts with Bank of America, we may utilize the available credit on the existing account(s) to approve your new credit request which could include moving credit from an account with a lower annual percentage rate and/or fee structure to a higher annual rate and/or fee structure without increasing your overall credit limit.

Bank of America, like all financial institutions, is required by Federal law to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each customer making a credit request. When requesting a credit line increase from us we will ask you for your name, address and other information to confirm your identity."

Will the "obtain a copy of your credit report" result in an HP or SP? Also, on a side note, can I enter my spouse income combined or just my own?

Thanks!

I did it. Requested 50K and got it (from 35.8K). Not sure if it was a hard pull but I don't have many pulls in the last 2 years., so I don't care. If it's a hard pull, it might drop my score 1 or 2 pts. Next time I'm eligible, I'm going for 120K.

Let us know what happens. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.