Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP 1 Credit Increase soft pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP 1 Credit Increase soft pull?

@Anonymous wrote:

I think for me a lot of my loyalty to Cap comes from the fact that when I had my BK, I did everything wrong. I had things hit after my BK, including a repo for a reaffirmed car during the BK, and I didn’t get to rebuilding my credit until 3 years and some months after my BK and Cap sent me an offer for an unsecured card. I applied for it not expecting an approval and got a $500 limit which is now $8250. 

Same boat as you but I had no BKs and started off at $500 and in 4 years only to $4500, I dislike Cap 1 for keeping me at the same APR even though I am on the Venture One card now that I upgraded 2 months ago. Hoping I can get a higher credit line, but wont even bother doing a HP with them

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think for me a lot of my loyalty to Cap comes from the fact that when I had my BK, I did everything wrong. I had things hit after my BK, including a repo for a reaffirmed car during the BK, and I didn’t get to rebuilding my credit until 3 years and some months after my BK and Cap sent me an offer for an unsecured card. I applied for it not expecting an approval and got a $500 limit which is now $8250. 

Same boat as you but I had no BKs and started off at $500 and in 4 years only to $4500, I dislike Cap 1 for keeping me at the same APR even though I am on the Venture One card now that I upgraded 2 months ago. Hoping I can get a higher credit line, but wont even bother doing a HP with them

It’s not like Cap is the only lender that won’t lower your APR, Chase is the same way. If you don’t carry a balance, it doesn’t matter. 

Everyone should have a credit union platinum card for those expenses that require one to carry a balance and PIF everything else. 

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your input as well. I do appreiate it., I do not like to waste a HP if I do not have to. I have quite a few right now. One less would be helpful. 

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your input as well. I do appreiate it., I do not like to waste a HP if I do not have to. I have quite a few right now. One less would be helpful. 

Did you take a score hit? Once you get to a certain number of inquiries, you get bucketed. I took 2 on TU, 1 on EX, and 1 on EQ in the last month and lost 0 points because I already was at 5/6/6. 

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate to sound like a nube but what does bucketing mean?
Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

It makes no difference at all if it caused the requesters score to drop because it’s supposed to be a soft pull. Their website states that requesting a CLI won’t affect your credit. Any other lender that gives you the option of requesting a CLI has specific language advising you that they will pull your credit. Some do have that language and mainly do SP’s. I don’t see how disputing a erroneous hard inquiry would set someone up on a radar for AA.
Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It makes no difference at all if it caused the requesters score to drop because it’s supposed to be a soft pull. Their website states that requesting a CLI won’t affect your credit. Any other lender that gives you the option of requesting a CLI has specific language advising you that they will pull your credit. Some do have that language and mainly do SP’s. I don’t see how disputing a erroneous hard inquiry would set someone up on a radar for AA.

Because everything at Capital One is controlled by algorithms in the system. A dispute likely has something programmed into the algorithms as well. Far better to go along with the stated path to rectifying the error than potentially creating a problem that can’t be fixed by a human. 

Remember, this is the company that can’t override the system even with the EO getting involved. 

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I have learned about Cap 1 having them for 4 years, the customer service sucks and they bucket a person based on intial HP when 1st applied. I have talked to my legal shield and had them send out legal letters  to Cap1 when I got denied a CI, due to the generic letters they send out, main reason was not making more than the min payments? Min payments set at $75 and  I made $300 payments for over 8 months. Excut customer service got invloved and were useless, they telling me we cant give you a CI, after that I went online and did the automated CI  (Soft pull) and was granted $2k increase, which I am now at $4500 after 4 years. It annoys me to learn that some of you have BKs and are well over my CL. I would never waste a HP with Cap1 and get another one of their products

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card denial reasons

Thank you for your response. I know that I have a short history with my longest account being 4 years. I moved to the US in 2013 and did not obtain credit until 2015. So I am still trying to bring my credit age up but that all you have is time to wait it out. I also have student loans and it seems each year they open me multiple accounts instead of adding to the ones I have. Not sure if that is taken into account when doing AAOA. 

It is funny is the capital one card is the only one I wanted a limit increase on so my utilization is not too high since I had two put two unplanned trips to New Jersey on there. It is not going to just be a couple of months on that one. 

Message 29 of 31
Omw800
Contributor

Just email the ceo, he will redirect your information to his escalation internal department. You’ll probably receive a call and given a PIN number if you miss the call. Explain everything within the email (intension, misunderstanding and goal), they’re generally good about reversing a hard hit on your credit report. There reversed a late payment for me
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.