cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Double Cash Mastercard DENIED, should I recon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITI Double Cash Mastercard DENIED, should I recon?

I applied for the CITI Double Mastercard and was denied.  Their reason "A delinquent credit obligation, either paid or unpaid, was recorded on your credit report."

They used pull EX, and the collection that they saw, was removed yesterday.

Should I call to recon?!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CITI Double Cash Mastercard DENIED, should I recon?

I’m unfamiliar with CITI’s practices. I say it’s worth shot. Let us know how it goes, if you decide to call. Good luck!
Message 2 of 5
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

I would for sure call and ask. Can’t hurt to ask for reconsideration. Especially when you got HP’s. Your never going to acquire anything in life without asking for it. Every time I go out and purchase something no matter what it is I ask for a discount. I may make it sound like a joke but, I’m dead serious about it. I have a pretty **bleep** good winning percentage of gains over losses. Good luck with your recon 😎.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 3 of 5
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Definitely try! Although they may want to pull your credit again to verify that the collection was removed. 

Good luck!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You can recon, but unless they pull a fresh copy, they won't see that the collection has been removed, and thus will probably stick by the decision. You will probably have to sacrifice another hard pull. Not sure on Citi's recon policies for denied apps really, as I have not heard too many positive stories, but it can't hurt to ask.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.