Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI Help

I have a credit history of only 12 months. 3 cards in total: BoA, DiscoverIt, Credit Union Card. All 12 months old. I had high balances until recently but I paid them all off last month. I have 1000$ CL on both Discover and BoA cards. My current FICO score is 730, Vantage is 747 TU & 750 Equifax. I have 4 inquries on my report and no late payments.

Should I apply for a CLI on those cards? What limit should I request if so?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: CLI Help

It's only an SP with BoA and Discover, so doesn't cost anything if disapproved. You can omly asl for a certain amount with BoA and they will counter if they cannot approve for the entire amount.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just applied online for BoA and was approved immediately for 3k! Thanks a lot.

@BigBS wrote:

It's only an SP with BoA and Discover, so doesn't cost anything if disapproved. You can omly asl for a certain amount with BoA and they will counter if they cannot approve for the entire amount.

Message 3 of 11
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just applied online for BoA and was approved immediately for 3k! Thanks a lot.

@BigBS wrote:

Good for you! Hard work pays off.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask Disco too. Disco is usually very generous if you have used their card a lot. Mine started at $7,500 in March and as of last month it’s $11,200 ($3000 CLI when I asked for the first time in December and another $700 when I asked last month). 

Message 5 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Welcome OP and Congratulations on the CLI.

Also as @saaeren suggested, try for a CLI on Discover too. And one more thing. If Discover is an instant approval, call CS and ask if you can get more with a SP. That’s called double dipping.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Discovery was a reject. Oh well. Might try again next month. My score only recently passed 700. So maybe that's why.

Message 7 of 11
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI with BoA. Just an FYI for the future - with BoA - always put some ridiculous amount - like $50k or something. BoA will then counter with what they are comfortable with. This way, you always get the max that's available to you.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover typically approves me for a line increase each time, and they have been very generous. They are also good for someone building credit as well.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice increase!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.